Reply To: Siamese Dream US Promo CD

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I sorta tend to agree with Easy on this one. Sven has a point, but we’re talking about a promotional CD here, which is meant to be made cheaply for mass distribution, albeit, not too large, as you’d want to make a profit from the real CD.

Anyway, there exists a 5 trk sampler CD for Siamese Dream, where is the full album promo that has been rumoured to exist all these years? For fucks sake, it wouldn’t be hard to just make a copy yourself, gold lettering or silver or whatever color and just say it’s the real deal.

At this point, I don’t think it exists, because it’s not like we’re talking 10 or less here. We’re talking at least a 1,000 pressed by Virgin.

Also rumoured is a Gish US promo CD, which I also believe does not exist.

My opinion is that Pisces and Mellon Collie came out, right around the time spfc.org went online (correct me if I’m wrong), and it was assumed some US promotional stamping was done for SD and Gish, however, I think over time, this assumption has been proven false. Not a big leap of faith to assume these were made, however, I think it’s safe to say, it’s wrong.

in my time of dying