Reply To: Update from Billy – pretty exciting!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

And Canada yes, you’re right! Just checked that, but why isn’t it on SPfreaks yet? Who has it?

But yeah, that song rights thingy is a mystery to me sometimes. Same for Image Rights and other Copy Rights. Billy sells Today (was it?) to some creditcard company, but he is still allowed to play it live (makes sense of course) and then what? He probably can not sell it again to any other commercial party I guess? Does that mean on the other hand that he owns the rights of the recordings of the Today era songs? Or can he re-record it in another (or same) studio and sell that new recording? Is he allowed to make a new mix of the old recordings and sell it? And what when he shares the rights of some songs with his ex-bandmates (Soma, I Am One, for example)? I don’t want to know… :lol:

Just curious why he is mentioning 1986 in relationship with Smashing Pumpkins, while everybody knows that it is another Smashing Pumpkins timeframe curve that he is selling (which I’m not buying).

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."