Reply To: Big news on Tuesday

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yes and yes. This is word-by-word what Billy said:

\"So by Christmas this year, Gish, Siamese Dream and Pisces Iscariot will all come out re-issued, re-mastered, with some extra tracks, unreleased things. And then in 2012, you’ll see Mellon Collie, Aeroplane Flies High, and Adore. And all this stuff will also be on vinyl, we’ll do really high-grade vinyl re-issues.\"

And thanks for that link, Opiate! Look at this part of the interview, it’s amazing! :shock:

Is it too early to talk about some of the bonus material that we can expect on any of the reissues?

\"Yeah, only because there’s so much material to go through. It’s mind-boggling. I was just in Chicago, and there were 700 cassettes all with material on them. Four-tracks, eight-tracks, board tapes…and there’s 4,000 DATs. We have 41,000 pieces of things in our archive. We hired a professional archivist to go have a look at it all, and he said he’d never seen anything like it.

\"I’ve been sort of a completist from the very beginning. In fact, I found a tape of me and James Iha at the very beginning of the band, and we’re sitting in my bedroom recording my songs. It’s like we were doing a mini bedroom concert. Why I was documenting to that level, I don’t know. The nice thing, though, is that we can add it to this deal.

\"What’s going to go on Gish…it’s hard to say. We have to locate masters; some things have to remixed, while others have never been properly mixed. It’s going to take a while.\"

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."