I gave it another thought, discussed it a little with manillascissor outside this forum, and I would like to suggest the following types of release for the Smashing Pumpkins music releases, like vinyl and cds, based on their intended use.
1. studio master
2. acetate test pressing (Masterdisk, Town House, \"for reference\", \"pending approval\", \"inhouse use only\" etc.)
3. media promo (WLP, watermarked cds etc)
4. general public promo (Live In Chicago MCIS cd, Metro give-away cd for example)
5. commercial (jukebox)
6. commercial (limited/numbered edition)
7. commercial (standard edition)
What is everybody’s thoughts on this?
Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."