Summary. I will try to set this up in a bit, and change the cd section accordingly.
1. studio master (used for vinyl & cd production)
2. glass master (cd only: BBC Transcription discs)
3. acetate (vinyl only)
4. test pressing (both vinyl and cd: Masterdisk & Town House stuff for example)
5. inhouse promo (no idea about vinyl, but to be used for many Virgin/Hut cdrs at least)
6. media promo (WLP, watermarked cds etc)
7. public promo (like Live In Chicago, Still Becoming Apart, etc.)
8. commercial (jukebox)
9. commercial (limited/numbered edition)
10. commercial (standard edition)
Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."