Reply To: What is the latest Pumpkins related item you bought?

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:
I wish I could find one of the Zeitgeist 5 track watermarked listening party CDs…….[/quote:229qdmc5]
See, it does exist… I’m having troubles even finding the standard album promo, let alone this one… :cry:[/quote:229qdmc5]

Yes, it does exist, Davin and I saw it at the Chicago Listening Party. I want to say that I got a picture (or 2) of it, but I’ll have to dig through my archive and see.

I actually reached out to the girl who ran the listening party in Chicago and she is no longer with WBR and doesn’t have her copy anymore. I asked her to see if any of her old contacts may have theirs, so we’ll see what happens.[/quote:229qdmc5]

Here in Holland – as far as I know – there was NO (press) listening party…
I.e. there WAS – but press was afterwards given the watermarked FULL promo…
Not there and then, but still….

However- through the label rep. here I learned, these promos were to be sent back to Warner US to be destroyed/kept/whatever…

Chances might be slim to find one- however: NEVER DESPAIR… stranger stuff has popped up!
However- back in the Virgin days Virgin Recs might not have had too tight a policy and now with all the leaking going on stuff might have gotten a lot tighter…
Still- it’s not beyond imagination to find one, just dig deep into Warner and see what you can come up with…
I just can’t be half-arsed anymore, but that’s the way I found some gems… so give it not one, but NUMEROUS tries, even through some years (maybe even- EVEN through the years!!!) and see what happens!! ;)