Reply To: american gothic ep comin!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

It’s the exclusivity that I don’t get.[/quote:3l6edcpx]
What the f*ck is exclusivity in this modern world of Amazon, eBay, emailing your international friends to get it for you… It means nothing. And which dumb person has ever had the guts to put this word on a release that will be released 1 month later on CD anyway? And after all, don’t you collectors all love the UK vinyls of the Pumpkins afterwards? Me, being a CD only collector, is still missing the vinyl only extra tracks… (ahem, not really of course, but they were never released on official CD format anyway).

Lilkitn from outside the US says it just right: "I think it’s a good way to make it up to us.". But Billy was not thinking of Lilkitn when he decided to do iTunes first, then a CD for non-US residents. I’m sure he’s balancing the music he wants to bring out, together with the possibilities of the market and to give it this format(s) that he can still earn a few bucks. Which we all know is just a louzy amount of bucks these days. It’s the festivals, concerts and merchandise that gives the band a way of living, not those 600 types of Zeitgeist and a 1 month iTunes US-exclusive release of American Gothic.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."