Reply To: american gothic ep comin!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

You don’t think SP made a pretty penny on the deal? Wake up man. All they did was take out the middle man. And in the end, the fans are again FORCED to go to iTunes to get the music.

CAVEAT: Fans who live in US and don’t shop internationally – which I would assume, is the majority.[/quote:16hl8bho]
You don’t have to wake me up, I think I know a bit how it works. You better wake up the majority of the Americans, if you feel like they are being forced to 1 direction.

However, I think higher of the Americans. Those that are blessed with ignorance, will go to iTunes. Those that are aware of the Information and Technology era we are living in, will read the online press releases everywhere and will wait a month to get the CD import of American Gothic. They are not forced to iTunes at all.

And you really think the Smashing Pumpkins (read: Billy Corgan) are making huge amounts of money with an online US-only acoustic EP, only bought by the ignorant on iTunes? Hard to believe my friend… But I do agree, there should be more online sources to get American Gothic from. That type of exclusivity is uhmmm… questionable at least. But the digital platform is here to stay, and might overtake the market completely in the end. Just like the 78 rpm vinyl disappeared.

The moment a Pumpkins release is online ONLY I will rant with you. For this moment I really don’t see the issue you’re trying to bring up. We all still do have a choice. And those that are not looking for choices or options… let them be proud of their ignorance.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."