Reply To: Update from Billy – pretty exciting!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Ron would say it was still the marked, but it really wasn’t, it was billy’s solo demos with the help of Len and sometimes Ron.[/quote:2dj5d4eu]
It might be true, but written history overrules the oral history here, if it was to me. At some point when this cassette was made by Billy, he clearly labeled it The Marked, he clearly writes the dates and gives credits to the people involved in making the cassette (Ronald Roesing in this case). My question would be in general: who is so eager to say that The Marked broke up in October 1986, to whom’s interest is it that the broke-up date is set to October 1986? Think about it… :wink:

On the other hand, let’s be honest, Billy Corgan is not always very accurate when it comes to dating (I mean songs here, not girls… that last subject can be discussed in another topic! :lol: ). See Mashed Potatoes, he made several mistakes in dating the songs. To Billy, songs are sometimes 1 year older then they really are.

Interesting pointing out what Jesse Miller said, I never heard that he said that. It might be true though, but it’s odd that Dave would state otherwise.[/quote:2dj5d4eu]
Yeah same thoughts here, and I’m neutral about it, I don’t care when and where it was recorded. All I can say is: the song Hope doesn’t sound like a copy from a 1980’s cassette, to me it sounds like a very proper studio recording, in line with the budgets of Smashing Pumpkins in 1992. Wouldn’t you say so too? And maybe Dave can be asked for a second opinion also, since he can put the 2 versions next to each other…

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."