Reply To: dead & not dead pumpkins places

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

(by the way, have you noticed that there are like 40-50 members here, but only about 10 are/beggining to be regular posters? :lol: )[/quote:3dx232hc]
Yeah, kinda normal behaviour I guess when I look around on other boards. Almost all boards have statistics when you look around a bit, and for example ThePumpkins.net has over 3,000 members, but only a few dozen of them are regular posters, tons of them hop by every now and then. The biggest group however is the non-members (or "lurkers"), they only browse around to read the posts. I’m sure we as SPfreaks Forum are no different in that and have the same type of visitors of all kinds, in approximately the same percentages somehow as other boards.

Maybe there is a tiny difference however, but i cannot fully judge that: the fake & spam accounts. We have a strict policy for that, they got deleted the same or next day and next to that they are being mailbanned or even ip-address banned. That’s why this forum is very clean of spam messages. But I couldn’t tell if other boards just ban them only and don’t delete the accounts afterwards, just to "pump up" the number of members. We are not doing that anyway. Besides that we have the policy that every member with 0 posts will be deleted after 6 months.

At the moment however, less then 3 months after we started and 51 members as we speak, and 30-35 regular and occasional posters, while there are at least 5-10 other active Smashing Pumpkins boards… I’m actually kinda proud in a humble way of us SPfreaks, of both the team and the members and the contributors. 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."