Reply To: What is the latest Pumpkins related item you bought?

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
And I’m trying to hunt down the 1992 German Virgin Summer Slam promo cd, since it contains I Am One and the tour dates for the second German tour. Quite the curiosity![/quote:2om60reg]

It’s funny you should mention that, because I just recently bought that exact CD. Not sure if it’s at my house yet, I’ll check when I get home.[/quote:2om60reg]
I might have an idea which one you bought… I was having an eye on that one for a long time, but I thought it was too expensive. So I waited till the auction was over and ask the German seller… But he said he just sold it… Most probably to you, I guess! Congratulations! :lol:

But I just scored something else from eBay. A Gish album UK promo cd for 7 dollar, not mentioned on SPfreaks yet! :shock:[/quote:2om60reg]

yeah, thanks. i made an offer for less than the listing price, and he accepted.

i messaged the seller about that gish CD as well. turns out, it’s only denoted by a sticker, so i passed up bidding on it. however, here’s what the seller said:

Dear samderek,

It has a ‘Promo Copy’ sticker on the back of it, which doesn’t sound like much, but if it helps to validate it it was lifted straight from a ‘Hospitality Pack’ issued to the band Gomez when they signed to Hut Records.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Matt.
– thelonelylimpingpigeon

So, it’s got a little provenance to it, which is cool.

in my time of dying