SPfreaks Forum

 

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: 2 New Record Store Day Red Vinyl 7s\" 250 ONLY!

This topic contains 73 replies, has 7,237 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 7 years, 7 months ago.

On Arthur wrote:

Wow….this came out of nowhere. Wonder why Chicago only? Why not announce it in advance?

Here is the listing:

7\" #1 (chicago area only it appears)

Side a: Widow Make My Mind
Side b: Song for a Son

http://cgi.ebay.com/record-store-day-sm … _500wt_975

7\" #2 (LA area only it appears)

Side a: Astral Planes
Side B: A Stitch in Time

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-R … _500wt_975

Both limited to 250, on red vinyl and with different picture sleeves….wow.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Cool finds Shawn. :D I just bought a WWMM one.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
Moderator
On Arthur wrote:

Yeah, nice surprise from the Smashing Pumpkins. This auction #230463670963 contains an extra poster with the 7\".

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

it looks like all 250 of them are gonna be on ebay. i hope yalls get to grab one.

i just realized there are 2 versions available.

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of Arthur
Moderator
On Arthur wrote:

I’m not really interested in vinyl, so in no way I’m going to compete with you vinyl collecting guys… :wink:

But it’s a cool item, that’s for sure! And a really nice surprise from Mr Corgan!

I found a CD/vinyl/obelisk pre-release however, also connected to Record Store Day, and limited to 250 also. I’m a bit doubtful about it, so I asked the seller first. Hopefully noone grabs it before I got my answer… :wink:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of amnesia
Member
On amnesia wrote:

I’m not really interested in vinyl, so in no way I’m going to compete with you vinyl collecting guys… :wink:

But it’s a cool item, that’s for sure! And a really nice surprise from Mr Corgan!

I found a CD/vinyl/obelisk pre-release however, also connected to Record Store Day, and limited to 250 also. I’m a bit doubtful about it, so I asked the seller first. Hopefully noone grabs it before I got my answer… :wink:[/quote:1s89gkjk]

Is there really any difference on the pre- release and the may release? Would be cool if the pre-release were numbered up to those 250, and the next month release were not.

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of Arthur
Moderator
On Arthur wrote:

This is what the seller answered to me first, but I’m awaiting answers to my second set of questions…

\"Sorry for the misunderstanding. This might be the same version that will be released on May 25th, but only 250 were made available prior to that date at the exclusive SP show on record store day.\"

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

This is what the seller answered to me first, but I’m awaiting answers to my second set of questions…

"Sorry for the misunderstanding. This might be the same version that will be released on May 25th, but only 250 were made available prior to that date at the exclusive SP show on record store day."[/quote:1hru6nz7]

I doubt it’s the same version, as it says limited edition of 250 right on the sleeves.

EDIT: I’m speaking only for the vinyls.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
Moderator
On Arthur wrote:

Seller just send me more answers… The total promo/limited package for Los Angeles (where they played) is a red wristband with Smashing Pumpkins and Record Store Day on it, the limited 7\" vinyl, the promo poster, AND the Teargarden vinyl/cd/obelisk package that is supposed to be released on May 25. I’m now checking if I can buy that whole set from him for a nice price, would be cool I guess. Otherwise, nevermind… :wink:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Seller just send me more answers… The total promo/limited package for Los Angeles (where they played) is a red wristband with Smashing Pumpkins and Record Store Day on it, the limited 7" vinyl, the promo poster, AND the Teargarden vinyl/cd/obelisk package that is supposed to be released on May 25. I’m now checking if I can buy that whole set from him for a nice price, would be cool I guess. Otherwise, nevermind… :wink:[/quote:pyti6826]

you also have to buy some pee from people who soiled their pants at the show. not worth it.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
Moderator
On Arthur wrote:

you also have to buy some pee from people who soiled their pants at the show. not worth it.[/quote:c20rhsx0]
Oh yes, I know what you mean. Seller raised the price of the auction for the Teargarden box only with 50% (from buy it now 99 to 149) when we were talking, so I’m not interested anymore. I was hoping he would do the total package with poster and etc. for the old price, then it would have been kinda fair. Now I’ll buy the 30 bucks version, and it will look exactly the same as this one! nya nya nya! :twisted:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

the teargarden vinyl/cd/obelisk’s that people got at the show aren’t labeled or numbered in any special way. so yeah, wait it out.

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of mirrorboxer
Member
On mirrorboxer wrote:

[url:hc655jql]https://www.vvmo.com/[/url:hc655jql]

New Arrivals

Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

[url:3tjmh15c]https://www.vvmo.com/[/url:3tjmh15c]

New Arrivals[/quote:3tjmh15c]

ordered:) let’s hope what i ordered for a very reasonable price is still in stock

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of mirrorboxer
Member
On mirrorboxer wrote:

Those were my thoughts precisely

Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

[url:399au8xo]https://www.vvmo.com/[/url:399au8xo]

New Arrivals[/quote:399au8xo]

I got one from there. I just hope it makes it all the way to NZ. :)

 
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
Moderator
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

[url:1lsychyh]https://www.vvmo.com/[/url:1lsychyh]

New Arrivals[/quote:1lsychyh]
but it says "(Last update : April 12, 2010 )". maybe it’s not up to date?

Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

it’s not listed on that site anymore… I guess they sold their quota?

 
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
Moderator
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

cool. let’s hope that everyone who ordered it from that site will actually receive a copy. i thought the site looked a bit funny.

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Hey

Is it reliable that there are only 250 copies made? Who knows if there aren’t more?

Though, not to be compared but-

I mean, the Zeitgeist limited (book edition) cd is easier to get than the standard Zeitgeist cd release. The standard cd is almost more \"limited\" than the limited one. Did I mess it up, yah?

I know you can’t compare these two releases, but still.

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

cool. let’s hope that everyone who ordered it from that site will actually receive a copy. i thought the site looked a bit funny.[/quote:2lfwn4jt]

Yes. It looked like it was made by a 12-y.o in a school project or something. Suspicious! Is the word.

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
Moderator
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

how did you feel leaving your credit card info on that website?

Profile photo of mirrorboxer
Member
On mirrorboxer wrote:

how did you feel leaving your credit card info on that website?[/quote:344yqncg]

I like a good pink website as much as the next SPFreak but I did feel a bit nervous to be honest. Did you take the chance? I’m curious to know if anyone got an email letting them know that their card has been charged and the record has been shipped.

Profile photo of mirrorboxer
Member
On mirrorboxer wrote:

Is it reliable that there are only 250 copies made? Who knows if there aren’t more?[/quote:kxxtxhir]

The sleeve of the record specifically states limited edition of 250 units.

Profile photo of amnesia
Member
On amnesia wrote:
how did you feel leaving your credit card info on that website?[/quote:zoxrdrp4]

I like a good pink website as much as the next SPFreak but I did feel a bit nervous to be honest. Did you take the chance? I’m curious to know if anyone got an email letting them know that their card has been charged and the record has been shipped.[/quote:zoxrdrp4]

Mail them and ask. :wink:

In loving memory of Bimbolin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

×
 
 
×
 
  • Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In

×