SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Touring & Concert

Topic: 9 songs unplayed on Zeitgeist tour – what would it be ?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3,172 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings bullettwoutbutterflywings 9 years ago.

On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

Ha ? I dream about Porcelina, Thru The Eyes Of Ruby, Geek U.S.A…
And You ?

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I’m not super familiar with what didn’t get played on the tour. :( I really don’t even know what did get played either!

I think a bunch of the b-sides would have been awesome, and frail and bedazzled, pissant, and hello kitty kat. Those just kick so much ass.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I’m hoping for Slunk and Marquis In Spades… To bang my head on! 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of fez
On Fez wrote:

That would be highly unexpected :P

Profile photo of hbent
On hbent wrote:

They already played Translucent, which I have to say is about as unexpected as anything they’ve ever played! That being said, this thread seems to have a consensus for the harder rocking songs, and I must concur. Bury Me would be awesome, a nice long Siva would be pretty sweet, and I totally agree with Fez who said Geek USA and Ruby. Of the more esoteric songs, I don’t know, they already played Set the Ray to Jerry which is one of my favorite SP songs ever but I couldn’t really get into the new arrangement. I guess my vote would be for Moleasskiss (I have no idea why they didn’t release that song) or Saturnine.

Profile photo of fez
On Fez wrote:

Of the more esoteric songs, I don’t know, they already played Set the Ray to Jerry which is one of my favorite SP songs ever but I couldn’t really get into the new arrangement. [/quote:14rctkg2]

Hmm, I thought that they played it quite the same as studio version ;).
About new arrangements… I can not get into a new arrangement of Glass And The Ghost Children and Heavy metal Machine… but new Shame sounds damn good !

:)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

And what do you think of the new version of Ava Adore they played live, Fez? I kinda like it!

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of fez
On Fez wrote:

Yes, it is indeed very cool 8) !
But I think quite similar version has been played already, in 1999 for example, I suppose :).

Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

They already played Translucent, which I have to say is about as unexpected as anything they’ve ever played! That being said, this thread seems to have a consensus for the harder rocking songs, and I must concur. Bury Me would be awesome, a nice long Siva would be pretty sweet, and I totally agree with Fez who said Geek USA and Ruby. Of the more esoteric songs, I don’t know, they already played Set the Ray to Jerry which is one of my favorite SP songs ever but I couldn’t really get into the new arrangement. I guess my vote would be for Moleasskiss (I have no idea why they didn’t release that song) or Saturnine.[/quote:ndbv0o7q]

im with ya!

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of fez
On Fez wrote:

And what would yu say to acoustic This Time ? It sounded so freakin beautiful when Billy played it in Budokan Hall in June 2000. Or, maybe Wound ? This is also great song …

Profile photo of shampoo
On shampoo wrote:

What I want them to play or what they are more likely to play? I doubt they would ever play a lot of the songs I want to hear. So, based on soundchecks, I think they may play geek USA, thru the eyes of ruby, rhinoceros, bodies, mayonnaise (although he seemed to not want to play this song or soma when asked), wound, jellybelly, eye, siva

Profile photo of fez
On Fez wrote:

Yeah, I suppose they will not play mayonaise, neither soma as it is created also by James… that`s a shame, because it would be grat to hear these gems live… we will see what will it be :)

EDIT. Maybe Behold! The Nightmare ?? I love 1998 live version ! But assume if they played it this year, that would be different version. Or, To Forgive ! Amazing song…

Now that I think about it, we could speculate and give names of all SP songs… maybe it doesn`t have a point :P

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

they played thru the eyes of ruby when the played Radio City in 98.

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

so, what new songs were played?

i remember: porcelina, behold! the night mare, mayonaise, lily, my blue heaven, stellar and wound. and then a cover song here and there.

were there any more new songs on the 2008 tour? (i.e. songs that hadn’t been played in 2007.)

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings

i hope so. it would be neat.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

no, no, that’s not what i’m saying. i was wondering, did i miss any \"new\" songs so far? or were it just the songs i mentioned? (also, it’s not impossible that i made a mistake and listed a song they did play in 2007. if so, feel free to correct me.)

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings

oooooooooh, ok. well for that i am not sure, someone else might know better than me. off the top of my head i can’t think of any.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In