SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: A ruined jersey shirt going for 83,000 US$?

This topic contains 73 replies, has 6,545 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Shannen Shannen 9 years ago.

On Shannen wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … id=3582588

What’s the story behind this?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

just read the auction description, man. it’s all there.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Oh really… wait, let me put me glasses on… ah yes, I read that already. Thank you, Cool As Ice Cream.

Now the real insiders info please.

For example, what is \"The rivalry between the Red Sox and the New York Yankees is one of the longest and the most dramatic in professional sports.\" all about?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

The Red Sox and Yankees have a historic rivalry, lasting most of the 20th century. Very deep-seeded and long lasting. So, over time, fans have become OBSESSED with supporting both teams vehemently.

I think there was some stupid curse associated w/ Babe Ruth (who played for the Yankees). I’m too lazy to look this up.

The Red Sox are also the only team to ever come back in a World Series from 3-0 deficit, only to win 4 in a row and steal the Series. And they did this against the all mighty Yankees. This alone is an historical accomplishment, not to be repeated any time soon, if ever.

So, there’s lots of bad blood.

But this construction worker burying the jersey in a new Yankee stadium is another \"curse\". To me? It’s fucking retarded and I cannot believe ANYONE would buy that piece of crap. However, we’re not caught up in the baseball collectors, we are more interested in a particular band that rhymes w/

Duh Crashing Dumplins

in my time of dying
Profile photo of darcysiva
On darcysiva wrote:

Very true. The Yankees-Red Sox curse is definitely one of the more intriguing topics in baseball. Being from the NY/NJ area and having many family members be die-hard Yankees fans.. I know :)

At least the jersey is raising money for a good cause to help the fight against cancer. I salute them for doing something positive like that.

"Until the bitter, bitter end of the world, yeah -- when God sleeps in bliss" ~ Soma.::SP freak since 1995::.http://www.spyber.com/sig-45413.png
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

The shirt went for US $175,100.00. :shock:

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

what!!!

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yeah. When I had that money I would buy:

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

Yeah, thats a lot of money for some baseball shirt. :wink:

So, you wouldn’t buy $175,100 worth of Pumpkin stuff, Arthur? :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

So, you wouldn’t buy $175,100 worth of Pumpkin stuff, Arthur? :lol:[/quote:1logzub0]
What Pumpkins item would be that expensive? :wink:

I thinks it’s more fun to organize a secret Smashing Pumpkins concert in US or EU for 150 SPfreaks members max, and fly all of us in for 4 days of "Pumpkins’ Rock & Acoustic Party". That would be a good cause also for that amount of money, right? :lol:

(Keep on dreaming Arthur… :roll: )

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

So, you wouldn’t buy $175,100 worth of Pumpkin stuff, Arthur? :lol:[/quote:1nkfl1ie]

I thinks it’s more fun to organize a secret Smashing Pumpkins concert in US or EU for 150 SPfreaks members max, and fly all of us in for 4 days of "Pumpkins’ Rock & Acoustic Party". That would be a good cause also for that amount of money, right? :lol:

(Keep on dreaming Arthur… :roll: )[/quote:1nkfl1ie]

Make this happen!

in my time of dying

yes yes yes

that must happen!!!

think that guy would loan us some money?

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

yes yes yes

that must happen!!!

think that guy would loan us some money?[/quote:2ryjq7er]

yeah, i think so. we just need to become a charity. ;)

in my time of dying

we will tell him that we are

humm

i will think of something, if not can you?

On blueczarina wrote:

So, you wouldn’t buy $175,100 worth of Pumpkin stuff, Arthur? :lol:[/quote:24k9nk55]

(Keep on dreaming Arthur… :roll: )[/quote:24k9nk55]

Before you raise the money through manillascissor’s charity scam, I think you need to find 150 SPfreak members. I’m not sure there are even 20 active members. :) :lol:

Although it could be a really small gig. :P

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

yeah, if you limit it to, say, 90000 (85000 cheaper) you could fly the active members out and still have enough to convince BC/JC to do it :lol:

So apparently I don't post very often these days
On blueczarina wrote:

to true :lol: or Arthur could always just pay them to chat for real on the site. :)

Nah.

I’d rather prefer an intimate concert with them :)

On blueczarina wrote:

Yeah, he could rent BC and JC for a night. :lol: At least they wouldn’t have to worry about people talking and shouting \"more Siamese Dream\" (at least I don’t think so, although I do like Today :wink: ). :)

Nah, we’ll yell for more of the obscurities that you only get from being even partially involved in the collectors community :lol:

On blueczarina wrote:

\"More Early 1989 stuff\" :lol:

No way – we’re going for the 1987 stuff!

On blueczarina wrote:

I want to hear the Marked and Hexen. :lol:

(He’d probably get scared and run away. :( :lol: )

lol

you all are so silly
:lol:

i would love to hear anything. so who is gonna come up with the money? are we still going with the charity thing?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

My newest suggestion would be: inhouse Smashing Pumpkins concert at my place for everybody with 25 posts or more here on the boards. Free flights and free food, drinks and lodging included.

My cunning plan for gettin’ the money: we call it a \"3 day Rock Campus\" and write letters to our governments and Universities everywhere to sponsor it for 2500 people (can we help it that less then 25 only show up? Guess not huh? :wink: ). We will then put Post-It notes with the sponsors’ names on the fridge in the kitchen. Duty done. And 3 days fun will be there! 8)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In