SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: Aegea

This topic contains 78 replies, has 2,568 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of manillascissor manillascissor 2 years, 8 months ago.

On manillascissor wrote:

Apparently this can preordered later today from the Madame Zuzu’s website. First pressing will be limited to 250 copies. It’s not clear if there will ever be another vinyl pressing or a further release on a different format (digital maybe?).

Is anyone planning on getting this?
I’m not sure. I think it’ll be rather expensive, to buy and to ship.

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

[url:oopqvv65]http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!News-on-AEGEA-WPCs-Upcoming-Private-Press-Record-Release/c7ba/1470738B-3C10-433B-BFC4-98D2EB7F9510[/url:oopqvv65]

News on ‘AEGEA:’ WPC’s Upcoming Private Press Record Release
April 8, 2014

[url:1kn7yum3]http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!AEGEA-UPDATE/c7ba/EE4C67CC-FAE8-4B9C-AABE-44BEB2DE2263[/url:1kn7yum3]

AEGEA UPDATE
April 19, 2014

[url:23ju48r0]http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!MORE-ON-AEGEA/c7ba/13CAA553-D053-4315-BECE-3FD3E27DF963[/url:23ju48r0]

MORE ON ‘AEGEA’
April 28, 2014

[url:2x1sn7xx]http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!AEGEA-NEWSPRE-SALE-BEGINS-51514/c7ba/8879FD83-135B-4FE8-AC76-9D6EDD9025AB[/url:2x1sn7xx]

‘AEGEA’ NEWS/PRE-SALE BEGINS 5.15.14
May 14, 2014

Profile photo of Ryan8765
On Ryan8765 wrote:

I’m going to try to secure a copy. The store page has been taken down. so something is happening. I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about this. I suppose it is a niche release. But I think it could be cool.

-Ryan

i don’t understand why they always have to take down a site or webpage to do a little update. what kind of crappy website management is that? surely this isn’t necessary?

in one of those posts about aegea, it says there will be 50 copies on coloured vinyl. are you going for one of those?

i can’t really judge this, but i guess the interest level is quite low. and at $60, it’s a bit silly to buy this in the hope it’ll sell out quickly, and that you’ll be able to make a profit. i think it might be hard to make a profit on $60. it’s not a smashing pumpkins release. (and even then… it’s not like they’re extremely popular on the collector’s market today.) so these will normally go to people who want this for themselves, either because they’re interested in the music (and can afford the expensive first pressing), or because they’re collectors.
or maybe i’m wrong about this, and these will be going for $200 on ebay in a couple of days. who knows?

the shop has reappeared on the madame zuzu’s website, but no sign of aegea yet. it is noon CST now, isn’t it?

On Ryan8765 wrote:

I was unaware of a colored variant. I believe it should be available now, but I’m not seeing anything. I’m sure there are enough collectors out there for this to sell out pretty quick. You know how it goes with all things Billy… Delays and problems are always abound.

-Ryan
Profile photo of jeroendocter
Participant
On jeroendocter wrote:

there is no link

it is just for sale at madamezuzu.com

On Ryan8765 wrote:

wow sold out?
Anyone have any luck?

-Ryan

sold out immediately: http://www.madamezuzus.com/aegea/aegea- … -from-2007

apparently the first 50 orders get the coloured vinyl. EDIT: i guess i read that incorrectly. it doesn’t say that anywhere. or does it? it just says that 50 copies of the first pressing were on coloured vinyl. not who will get these copies. maybe the coloured copies are reserved for promo and zuzu’s (the copies that one can buy at the tea shop).

AEGEA by WPC: A Series of Experimental Recordings from 2007
$59.95

A single, limited edition copy of AEGEA on double-vinyl; hand collated, numbered, and signed by the artist. Limited to a FIRST edition press of 250 (copies 1-250), the first 50 of which have been manufactured on aqua-colored vinyl.

Please note: Due to strong demand for this additional pressing, delivery of your edition might take slightly longer than the first; as an order for another round of records will have to be put in.[/quote:22jxj2qh]

but they’re already mentioning a second pressing.

kind of lame how they announced the presale for noon, but it only became available over half an hour later.

On Ryan8765 wrote:

Well that was fun. See you all later.

-Ryan

here’s a clip of the audio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEeDbX7aH4E
this is actually why i thought there’d be little interest. i was expecting something like this. who wants this? (for the music then, i mean.) surely not over 250 people.

On Ryan8765 wrote:

A 2nd pressing went up. numbers 250-500 Red. It says they are signed and numbered as well . I managed to get one. The music might be whatever. But I actually like having ambient shit playing when I have friends over and am not paying much attention.

-Ryan
Profile photo of jeroendocter
Participant
On jeroendocter wrote:

I got one

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

at work now and before. it was hilarious to witness the 36 minute delay. i expected nothing less! but also annoying to put work aside and have to sit there and wait for whoever to get their shit together.

bought a copy of both editions. my order # is quite high, so i’m pretty sure i won’t be getting aqua, limited to the 50 first people who are lucky to hit refresh exactly 36 minutes after an announcement.

kinda lame, but exciting as a collector. been collecting other bands’ vinyl in the interim. cheap, too.

in my time of dying

aqua, limited to the 50 first people who are lucky to hit refresh exactly 36 minutes after an announcement.[/quote:2uvvjc36]
it doesn’t actually say that the aqua coloured vinyl copies will go to the first 50 people who order it.
if you read that description, it just says that the first 50 copies of the first pressing will be on coloured vinyl.
(or is there an other source that explains who will receive a coloured vinyl copy?)

also weird how the description of the first pressing contains information about the second pressing: "Please note: Due to strong demand for this additional pressing, delivery of your edition might take slightly longer than the first; as an order for another round of records will have to be put in."
a bit messy. someone’s been copy-pasting in the wrong direction, it seems.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

didn’t bother trying to secure a copy, with the live synth shows in mind…
now that the track is up: damn, that’s just plain OMG awful, considering the amazing load of modular synths BC owns… pretty much lame knob twiddling by an amateur…
oh well… guess it’s a good moment to dig up the lp’s of Klaus Schulze and Tangerine Dream for the real deal.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

aqua, limited to the 50 first people who are lucky to hit refresh exactly 36 minutes after an announcement.[/quote:13u2b7uq]

AEGEA by WPC: A Series of Experimental Recordings from 2007
$59.95

A single, limited edition copy of AEGEA on double-vinyl; hand collated, numbered, and signed by the artist. Limited to a FIRST edition press of 250 (copies 1-250), the first 50 of which have been manufactured on aqua-colored vinyl.[/quote:13u2b7uq]

i may have read that the same as you did as well, but my order number was sequential (around the 250 mark – i guess i just made it). it just makes me think the #’d copies will go with the #’d order’s, um, numbers. but then again, that would be asking A LOT to pull off for whomever is actually fulfilling this order. i fully expect a damaged or warped, green, double A sided 7" copy that plays a demo version of tarantula.

in my time of dying

it’s not impossible that the coloured vinyl copies will be the 50 copies they set aside to sell at zuzu’s and limited vinyl, and for promotion. (the amount of copies matches…)

i don’t think the order number will match the number on the record. (what’s the point?)

note that they probably didn’t start at order number 1 either, for aegea: these are order numbers of the zuzu’s webshop. all previous orders from the zuzu’s website must’ve gotten a number too. i guess they started at 1 when the webshop opened.
(if your order for the first pressing had a number around 250, they can’t have started at 1: only 200 copies of the first pressing were for sale online.)

well, i was completely wrong when i wasn’t expecting a lot of interest. i didn’t see that coming, to be honest.

450 copies sold at $60, that’s $27k. i guess they just funded a couple of extra months of selling peanuts at zuzu’s.

do you think they’d have sold 450 copies of this if this wasn’t a limited release (announced as limited to 250)? i’m not so sure.
maybe announcing 500 copies from the start would already have caused less interest.

Profile photo of spag
Participant
On Spag wrote:

Damn, missed it!

I'm the best bass player the Smashing Pumpkins ever had

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In