SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: Audiosurf

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1,037 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Superlordspamulon Superlordspamulon 9 years, 7 months ago.

On Superlordspamulon wrote:

This could very well be the greatest game ever.

Well, if you’re a music lover.

Basically, you control a futuristic pod type racer thing on a futuristic track. Everything’s trippy and awesome looking. You have to collect blocks in certain orders to score points. But before you ‘race’, you have to select a song (can be from a CD, mp3, whatever). The race track is then essentialy built on the song – when you go fast, where the blocks are, which blocks, how many. Even the background changes accordingly!

Put simply – it’s the ultimate sensory experience. You WILL experience your music to a new degree! (especially on full screen)

I was laughing like a madman when i played it. It is brilliant.

http://www.audio-surf.com/
(yeah, you’ll have to download some sort of download manager called steam to download it. Don’t worry, it’s safe.)

Don’t believe me?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-z6YK92otg[/youtube]

Imagine that with a decent frame rate and on full screen.

Yeah.

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of Im a Cult Hero
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

this looks awesome! Thanks for posting, I’m looking forward to seeing how it reacts to different genres :)

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

It looks interesting. :)

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

that looks f*cking awesome!! i seriously want to play that.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

I think I will download it when I get home. :)

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon

I just played this with Sunn O)))’s \"Deafeating Earth’s Gravity\".

It’s dark ambient drone, and because it has no beat and is really intense – the course was ridiculously fast. Put simply, my mind turned numb afterwards. Seriously. Intense.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Superlord… I’m not into games that much anymore… Doom and other granddaddy games I did lots in the old days, and only sometimes I do childrens games with nieces and nephews, you know how it goes… And also too busy nowadays you know. 8)

But this sounds too cool to miss out on. I’ll try it later, promise! Will let you know.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

i am so gonna try it this weekend when i have the time. it looks too cool!!

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of Im a Cult Hero
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

It was crazy with Silverf**k, just after the quiet bit at the end….or at least I thought it was crazy….then I tried it with some noise from Japan, I got pwned by DJ Merzbow :P
I might actually buy the full version of this, it was pretty fun :)

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon

Superlord… I’m not into games that much anymore… Doom and other granddaddy games I did lots in the old days, and only sometimes I do childrens games with nieces and nephews, you know how it goes… And also too busy nowadays you know. 8)

But this sounds too cool to miss out on. I’ll try it later, promise! Will let you know.[/quote:25t0d017]

And it’s a ‘causal’ game – you can get absorbed and play it for hours straight, or you can play it for 5 minutes whilst your waiting for something – it’s your choice (imagine, if you will, an uber version of solitaire :wink: )

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In