SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: Autographed Gish

This topic contains 15 replies, has 1,550 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 9 years, 4 months ago.

On Arthur wrote:

I’m not into this, but maybe 1 of you guys are?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0068276454

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

The guy who got it signed has a very cool story. I’d have sent my finals to hell!

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

The guy who got it signed has a very cool story. I’d have sent my finals to hell![/quote:3vhsbbg4]
:lol:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

D’Arcy refused to sign my chest when we were dating. :(

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

D’Arcy refused to sign my chest when we were dating. :([/quote:2g8jna78]
Maybe you shouldn’t have been dating her then? D’Arcy signed tons of things of people that she didn’t date… :lol:

Profile photo of EAZYE121
Participant
On EAZYE121 wrote:

I find this very suspicious… the CD definitely looks like it was signed by a silver sharpie, but silver sharpies didn’t come out till around 2000 or later.

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

I find this very suspicious… the CD definitely looks like it was signed by a silver sharpie, but silver sharpies didn’t come out till around 2000 or later.[/quote:2pyihmaq]

seriously, i’m not sure about when those types of sharpies came out. i hope its not fake.

On blueczarina wrote:

i don’t know. i tried to look up sharpies, but i’m not sure.

Participant
On EAZYE121 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpie_(marker)#History
…. Look about 3/4 down the page it states in 2002. I remember this due to the fact that I enjoy using them for autographs.

On blueczarina wrote:

…. Look about 3/4 down the page it states in 2002. I remember this due to the fact that I enjoy using them for autographs.[/quote:q2qyst34]

oh, sure enough. well thats crap.

you give people autographs. what do you do?

Participant
On EAZYE121 wrote:

Yeah I wish… No, to get peoples autographs.

On blueczarina wrote:

Yeah I wish… No, to get peoples autograghs.[/quote:2amesyn6]

ohhh, ok. now i get you. :wink: :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

…. Look about 3/4 down the page it states in 2002. I remember this due to the fact that I enjoy using them for autographs.[/quote:3g9kxtof]
I think it’s a genuine CD, autographed in 1991. The story that goes with it sounds honest to me. And I remember the silver sharpie way before 2002, and Wikipedia confirms this:

"Only the fine point markers feature every color. Metallic colors are available only in fine point.

Original
silver (1980)
red
orange

Introduced in 2001
berry
lime
aqua
turquoise

Introduced in 2002
metallic silver
…"

On blueczarina wrote:

it looks like it was bought.

Profile photo of JamesIha
Participant
On JamesIha wrote:

I got it since the first winner didn’t pay…
Why buy something on Buy Now and then don’t pay??
Well I’m glad that I have it now!!
Got a signed letter where the seller confirms that it is the acual pumpkins that signed it.
In my eyes it looks very real and the autographs seems very authentic.
A bonus for me that I didn’t own the actual Gish-editon before this either :-)
By the way, I showed him the conversation here about the CD and he was very amused ;-)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

By the way, I showed him the conversation here about the CD and he was very amused ;-)[/quote:2b4ag4ir]
SPfreaks are always amusing. :wink:

Have fun with that autographed CD JamesIha! For a while I was interested also, but I decided not to bid after all. Your luck! 8)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In