SPfreaks Forum

 

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: Backstage passes

This topic contains 15 replies, has 1,187 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anonymous Anonymous 8 years, 7 months ago.

On confuciousconfusing wrote:

I never really understood how to get a backstage VIP pass to a Pumpkins concert if you aren’t a photographer or something like that? So my quiestion goes: how to get hold of one of those in the future?

Thanks,

Profile photo of anonymous
Member
On Anonymous wrote:

I never really understood how to get a backstage VIP pass to a Pumpkins concert if you aren’t a photographer or something like that? So my quiestion goes: how to get hold of one of those in the future?

Thanks,[/quote:3m0inbsj]

Sometimes you can obtain one for a band simply by writing to their Management and asking very politely.

SPs obviously aren’t with a label now, so you’d need to be on good terms with different venues where they’re likely to play. I hear there’s London gigs this year, once in a while…

Meeting loads of people where bands perform is key in a lot of cases: A friend of mine some time back worked briefly with Vanessa And The Os, for example, simply because they liked riffs he’d posted on a College band’s website.

Creating a present/gift for signed bands is also good, sending them in with nice letters, etc.

As we say in the UK: "It’s not what you know, it’s who you know."

I’m sure there’s much better tips out there, these pointers though have worked for friends and contacts in my life.

You’ll be surprised what coming straight out can achieve, with a good and appreciative attitude.

Hope that was of some use, I’m moreso an Armchair Fan these days! :) :wink:

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:
I never really understood how to get a backstage VIP pass to a Pumpkins concert if you aren’t a photographer or something like that? So my quiestion goes: how to get hold of one of those in the future?

Thanks,[/quote:wed8m2p0]

Sometimes you can obtain one for a band simply by writing to their Management and asking very politely.

SPs obviously aren’t with a label now, so you’d need to be on good terms with different venues where they’re likely to play. I hear there’s London gigs this year, once in a while…

Meeting loads of people where bands perform is key in a lot of cases: A friend of mine some time back worked briefly with Vanessa And The Os, for example, simply because they liked riffs he’d posted on a College band’s website.

Creating a present/gift for signed bands is also good, sending them in with nice letters, etc.

As we say in the UK: "It’s not what you know, it’s who you know."

I’m sure there’s much better tips out there, these pointers though have worked for friends and contacts in my life.

You’ll be surprised what coming straight out can achieve, with a good and appreciative attitude.

Hope that was of some use, I’m moreso an Armchair Fan these days! :) :wink:[/quote:wed8m2p0]

Thanks for the answer, yeah I guess it is so. I’ve actually met Niklas and Andreas after a gig with Vanessa and The O’s back in 2005 in sweden. They were pretty decent guys although when it came to James he had to run off stage really quick. I guess it’s like that when you’ve become popular and have played in a band like SP. So I didn’t get my James autograph that night. :(

Profile photo of anonymous
Member
On Anonymous wrote:

That’s a shame, sounds like a great time was had, though. :)

One thing I was meant to add: Fan Clubs of bands usually have direct links with various people, they’re well worth contacting.

Might also be worth sending a one-off message to anybody on eBay who’s selling BPs, they had to source them from somewhere, also.

Profile photo of anonymous
Member
On Anonymous wrote:

so then in the USA would it be the same way?

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

That’s a shame, sounds like a great time was had, though. :)

One thing I was meant to add: Fan Clubs of bands usually have direct links with various people, they’re well worth contacting.

Might also be worth sending a one-off message to anybody on eBay who’s selling BPs, they had to source them from somewhere, also.[/quote:2s8ztmzz]

Yeah, I’ll check out the fan club! I’ve never even been a member there :wink: Thanks!

Profile photo of anonymous
Member
On Anonymous wrote:

:)

Any country would work the same, Imho, but that’s not to say it’s easy at all. If it was, I’d be living in Chicago. :P

I suppose it’s a good idea to put yourselves in their position: If 500 people asked for one, who would they send it to and why?

Think of something they’ve not seen or heard before, we’re all people equally… So don’t be too, \"I love you so much and please – please – please!\" <- Not too original. :twisted:

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

🙂

Any country would work the same, Imho, but that’s not to say it’s easy at all. If it was, I’d be living in Chicago. :P

I suppose it’s a good idea to put yourselves in their position: If 500 people asked for one, who would they send it to and why?

Think of something they’ve not seen or heard before, we’re all people equally… So don’t be too, "I love you so much and please – please – please!" <- Not too original. :twisted:[/quote:13tc42pe]

Oh yeah, that’s absolutely like that. You have to be very original in these cases I think.

Profile photo of anonymous
Member
On Anonymous wrote:

^ I assure you, unwashed underwear didn’t impress Paris Hilton when her Agents opened my last package.

Profile photo of blueczarina
Member
On blueczarina wrote:

Dazey! :lol:

the SP don’t have any active fan clubs like that anymore do they? at least not like ones you go through for stuff like that

Profile photo of anonymous
Member
On Anonymous wrote:

Dazey! :lol:

the SP don’t have any active fan clubs like that anymore do they? at least not like ones you go through for stuff like that[/quote:2jxj5vsy]

Good point, it’d take some researching, aaaye…

It’s sad to think of no SP Fan Club. :? I want to be their oldest member. :)

http://www.spifc.org

Profile photo of blueczarina
Member
On blueczarina wrote:

yeah, it would be cool if they had a fan club, but i think all the old ones are a bit defunct.

Profile photo of anonymous
Member
On Anonymous wrote:

Sounds a bit like me.

Profile photo of blueczarina
Member
On blueczarina wrote:

the thinking the fan club would be cool or being a bit defunct :P

Profile photo of anonymous
Member
On Anonymous wrote:

:D

I use Colgate.

Profile photo of anonymous
Member
On Anonymous wrote:

:lol: Dazey

maybe one day..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

×
 
 
×
 
  • Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In

×