SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: Big news on Tuesday

This topic contains 104 replies, has 7,671 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 5 years, 12 months ago.

On Arthur wrote:

yep, it’s another announcement of an announcement. :roll:

Major announcement coming regarding new and old SP music this Tuesday 4/26; with a video blog post by Billy Corgan on SP Facebook. http://on.fb.me/goxREc[/quote:1848clty]

This does sound a lot more set in stone.

It seems like he was waiting til the Zero t-shirt auction was over, so this big news wouldn’t overshadow the auction.

Profile photo of Daysofthephoenix
On Daysofthephoenix wrote:

I hope it’s an actual announcement this time. :?

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

It seems like he was waiting til the Zero t-shirt auction was over, so this big news wouldn’t overshadow the auction.[/quote:10bkoku6]

nah, most releases are pushed on tuesdays. i have no idea why, it’s just the cycle the music industry is on.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

True, but it could have been last Tuesday, since the week before he was saying ‘any minute now’….

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Why would the announcement of a new release be on a Tuesday also? :roll:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Participant
On marigold wrote:

I think it would be on Monday if it weren’t for Easter.

or Tuesday is just a magic day! :P

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

or Tuesday is just a magic day! :P[/quote:r69vljuq]
I doubt that. 9-11 happened on a Tuesday. Hitler was born on a Tuesday. The last dinosaur died on a Tuesday. My bad hairdays are always on Tuesdays (or was it bald hairdays? Whatever…). WWI started on a Tuesday. On Tuesday, October 29th, 1929 the Dow dropped 12% following a previous day’s drop of 13%. This day is now known as Black Tuesday. Last year my birthday was on a Tuesday, and it passed without any celebration of any kind. Machina, The Machines Of God, arguably the worst Smashing Pumpkins album (and the last official album before the break-up), was released on 2000/02/29, which was a… Tuesday, yes sir! So, it’s a bad bad day anyway, this "magic" Tuesday. :cry:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

……….Im sleeping in on Tuesdays from now on…..lol

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Participant
On marigold wrote:

:? maybe Billy shouldn’t make this announcement on Tuesday, whatever it is could be doomed.

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Ughhh, another announcement of an announcement.Same old shit then.

Move along people, nothing to see here.

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

\"THE SMASHING PUMPKINS WILL GET THE FULLY REMASTERED TREATMENT AS EMI MUSIC ANNOUNCES EXTENSIVE PLANS TO REISSUE
THE BAND’S ACCLAIMED CATALOG STARTING WITH ‘GISH,’ ‘SIAMESE DREAM’ & ‘PISCES ISCARIOT’ THIS FALL.

THE BAND WILL ALSO RECORD NEW ‘ALBUM WITHIN AN ALBUM’ IN MAY\"

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php … 1&comments

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Machina II ‘ early Pumpkins practises from 1987? Interesting.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

billy is still trying to secure the rights to his hair. negotiations still pending. :(

in my time of dying
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

It all sounds so exciting and fantastic, however im not excited about this.Reason why, because its Billy.
I will get excisted when im holding the new album and the remastered cds in my hands.Lets see what will happiend, untill then im taking all this with a grain of salt.

Profile photo of mirrorboxer
On mirrorboxer wrote:

Not me. I’m putting all my eggs in this basket. Hollywood or bust! :roll:

Questions though;

1. PI is a collection of \"Bsides and rarities\". so…..they are planning a reissue of Bsides and rarities with additional bsides and rarities?

2. Aren’t the songs on PI from Gish and SD sessions? Which leaves the question, what bsides and rarites would be left, after the expanded reissue of PI, to be included on the STILL IN PRINT Gish/SD albums?

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

I hope they’ll (he) make Glynis available on a SP release. That’s about time, dammit. Bonustrack on SD?

Profile photo of Daysofthephoenix
On Daysofthephoenix wrote:

I hope they’ll (he) make Glynis available on a SP release. That’s about time, dammit. Bonustrack on SD?[/quote:20e9m6bk]

I second this idea. :D

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

I love Glynis, Great song it is :)

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Also Owata is goin to get released soon.Looking forward for that, kinda like the song, so im excited about that atleast :wink:

Participant
On marigold wrote:

Excellent news! :D I had a feeling he had secured those rights!

I wonder what songs will be on Oceania? There’s a pic of Australia in the video – maybe he will use that didgeridoo.

Also – HIGH GRADE VINYL – for all you collectors! :D

I hope what he says will happen this year, will happen. A new song, new album, reissues and tour, and he has all these side projects going on. I hope he doesn’t get sidetracked. Didn’t he say he was going to concentrate on his book? :?

There could be songs we don’t know about around the Pisces Iscariot time, or the ones we know about such as Purr Snickety, Moleasskiss, and the Gravity Demos.

Mellon Collie – with added songs Feelium, Autumn Nocturne, Depresso and Methusela 8)

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

announcement of an announcement about an album within an album while remastering a remaster. someone’s been hanging around xhibit too long.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of sauli
On Sauli wrote:

There could be songs we don’t know about around the Pisces Iscariot time, or the ones we know about such as Purr Snickety, Moleasskiss, and the Gravity Demos.
[/quote:1znvuvzs]

I think, if there’s additional songs, PI would most likely have at least ‘Not Worth Asking’ & ‘Honeyspider’ as bonus tracks, also maybe some other "Friends" songs.. Probably nothing "new"…

Participant
On marigold wrote:

yeah, I am wondering if there are any songs that we don’t know about. We will just have to wait and see!
If there is just an album remastered, no extra tracks, I won’t be interested in it.

Participant
On marigold wrote:

announcement of an announcement about an album within an album while remastering a remaster. someone’s been hanging around xhibit too long.[/quote:1ldlp7q7]

I can tell you are excited about this.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In