SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: Billy and Jimmy Interviewed on ManCow

This topic contains 67 replies, has 6,203 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of blueczarina blueczarina 9 years, 2 months ago.

On blueczarina wrote:

For those who don’t know, ManCow is a pretentious arrogant prick who is trying oh so hard to become the next Howard Stern, here in the states. Needless, to say, I don’t respect the guy too much.

BUT

He recently interviewed Billy and Jimmy.

http://www.mancow.com, audio, highlights, smashing pumpkins.

It’s 11 mins long. They talk about G.L.O.W. and the Iha/Wretzky lawsuit, so it must be relatively recent.

Anyway, it’s enjoyable.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

For those who don’t know, ManCow is a pretentious arrogant prick who is trying oh so hard to become the next Howard Stern, here in the states. Needless, to say, I don’t respect the guy too much.

BUT

He recently interviewed Billy and Jimmy.

http://www.mancow.com, audio, highlights, smashing pumpkins.

It’s 11 mins long. They talk about G.L.O.W. and the Iha/Wretzky lawsuit, so it must be relatively recent.

Anyway, it’s enjoyable.[/quote:2lv8yzs2]

Thanks and nice find.Ill check it out :wink:

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

i’ll give it a listen tomarow. busy day getting ready, and running errands.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

I despise Mancow. Why would Jimmy interview with him? Well it’s spreading the Pumpkins around, so that’s good.

On Anonymous wrote:

Cheers m, I don’t often listen to interviews and enjoyed this one. :)

Billy seems really happy and it’s the first time myself that I’ve heard him comment on James ‘n D’Arcy.

I’m keeping this one, so here it is if anybody else would like to:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e4hri1

def, i will dl tomarow.

i am in the process of getting ready, and i made brownies for last rose, cause she is a sweetie, so i have to get those all done up too.

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

wait, did jimmy say he’s been \"completely clean and sober now for over 4 years\"? :o

i thought he was clean for much longer.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

wait, did jimmy say he’s been "completely clean and sober now for over 4 years"? :o

i thought he was clean for much longer.[/quote:14wo2v8g]

Well, maybe he means quitting smoking or absolutely no drinking. Not the hard drugs.

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

def, i will dl tomarow.

i am in the process of getting ready, and i made brownies for last rose, cause she is a sweetie, so i have to get those all done up too.[/quote:1zyfvebz]

What kind of brownies, pray tell?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

i will dl it later. looks interesting.

so Jimmy really said he has been clean for 4yrs. :shock: i thought it was longer too. :? hmm

yeah, he said \"clean and sober\". so he’s talking drugs and alcohol.
i don’t think this necessarily includes cigarettes, but whatever.

it could mean anything. i mean, with this statement, still doing both drugs and alcohol in 2003 is not excluded. but being clean for ten years and giving up alcohol and cigarettes only four years ago is also possible.

still weird. what if he was still doing drugs during the zwan years? would that be one of the zwan secrets?

and why mention being sober? doesn’t this imply he had a drinking problem? or do people who can enjoy an occasional drink (without being alcoholic) suddenly stop drinking alcohol altogether and refer to it as being sober too?

On blueczarina wrote:

good points ice cream. thats a confusing statement for sure. :?

i guess i was just under the impression that they were pretty much clean during Zwan and stuff. weird.

Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

I loved how Billy didn’t attack D’Arcy or James and recognized that they had indeed done something.

And I just have to mention:

\"Is it possible that you don’t have any swimmers?\"

\"Ahh oww.\"

I feel so mean for laughing at that XD.

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
On blueczarina wrote:

that interview is hilarious. :lol:

but why is the guy called mancow? what kind of name is that?

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

i think it’s a horrible play on words for \"madcow\" disease.

i agree, the name is enough to turn the dial.

in my time of dying
On blueczarina wrote:

i’ve never heard of him, but i liked the interview. it was interesting. did anyone notice he mentioned the Gish boxset- about still working on it or something. maybe it might still happen, but hard to say.

On Marcella wrote:

Yeah, he actually mentioned it as one of the things they’re going to release. We’ve got some hope!

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit

this interview was taken a couple of days before billy met that fan and told him about the gish tour and box set being delayed indefinitely. so it looks like the situation changed shortly after the interview.

On blueczarina wrote:

aww, sad Ice Cream. i didn’t notice the time it took place. i guess things can change quick.

ok, i finally got to listen to it this morning, cause i put it on my mp3 player, thanks again dazey for the download.

ok, first of all why would mancow talk about billy’s swimmers. i bout choked on my own spit. geeze oh man.

and marcella — for shame. :wink:

ok just had to get that out.

good interview, funny, billy is such a great guy, even after mancow insulted his manhood.

also, i did have a little laugh when mancow called james a little asian girl. bad i know, but i did laugh.

On Marcella wrote:

I forgot that, I laughed too. Bah, I laughed through the whole thing. I guess that’s why Mancow’s such a bitch, it’s more entertaining.

On Anonymous wrote:

me too..I laughed at that part. didn’t Billy laugh..I’ll have to listen again sometime

yes he did laugh, and jimmy did also, you can read the transcript over at HU.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In