SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Trading Items

Topic: Billy Corgan early demos

This topic contains 72 replies, has 15,970 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of salkema salkema 4 years ago.

On salkema wrote:

Hello everyone, I am looking for all the SP tapes and billy’s tapes from 1987 to 1989. I am very interested in this era which we know very little about. If anyone who knows who might have this tapes except for billy and ron roesing please msg me. Feel free to contribute!

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

do you mean those tapes from the marked?
i believe i have everything that is going around these days:
http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1715
http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1716
http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1712
http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1714
http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1713

and \"nothing ever changes\":
http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … S&item=502

do you have any of these already?

Profile photo of salkema
On salkema wrote:

Impressive. I do have some of these tapes but I am more interested in the 1987-1988 demos. The one that has Greta Garbo, Lenny’s Happy sometimes, lock me up, it suits me well..etc. I have all of the marked tapes except the one you have which includes the earth stood still and now that i feel. Are all of those you have original copies including the nothing ever changes? if so who do you got it from?

oh no, don’t get me wrong. i don’t own any tapes. i just have the audio. most of it i found online.

are you looking for mp3 or for lossless audio (flac or shn)?

Profile photo of salkema
On salkema wrote:

mp3 or if it is possible the tapes physically.

haha. good luck with that. :lol:

so, you’re interested in this tape from the marked, right: http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1713
i can make mp3s and upload them.

you have the rest, right?

i don’t think a tape with greta garbo is out there.
you seem to know more about this tape, as you are listing 4 song titles. i didn’t know a tracklist was known. what do you know about this tape, and where did you get this information from?
are you just assuming that a couple of songs are on it, or is the content of this tape documented somewhere?

i found info about a demo tape that has greta garbo, but it doesn’t have the other titles you mentioned.
it does have a track called \"hope\", which might be the \"hope\" that is on still becoming apart.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.musi … urce&pli=1

Profile photo of salkema
On salkema wrote:

Yes i am interested in that marked tape, please upload it.
Now to the interesting stuff. That tape that has greta garbo is the one i am looking for. Do u know if dave asselin has copies of this? also is there an mp3 version of this tape?
I am also looking another tape that has greta garbo as well. RER told me this was a 10 song tape that included Greta Garbo, It Suits Me Well (The Vigil) and a song by Len Ayala called Happy Sometimes. I am also interested in any other of billys tapes from 1986-1988… it would also be cool if the 60 minute NEC tape surfaces!

you can conclude from that google groups conversation that dave didn’t have that tape at the time he wrote that, nor had he ever heard it.

as far as i know, none of these greta garbo tapes are available.

i also find ron roesing not very reliable as a source. he might have a hidden agenda. i mean, no offence, maybe he’s telling the truth, but he’s been saying a lot, and i haven’t seen anything ever coming from it.

i’ll upload that tape of the marked when i feel like it. this involves walking upstairs and looking for the cd, so i doubt i’ll feel like it today. maybe tomorrow, although tuesday is more likely.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

you can conclude from that google groups conversation that dave didn’t have that tape at the time he wrote that, nor had he ever heard it.

as far as i know, none of these greta garbo tapes are available.

i also find ron roesing not very reliable as a source. he might have a hidden agenda. i mean, no offence, maybe he’s telling the truth, but he’s been saying a lot, and i haven’t seen anything ever coming from it.

i’ll upload that tape of the marked when i feel like it. this involves walking upstairs and looking for the cd, so i doubt i’ll feel like it today. maybe tomorrow, although tuesday is more likely.[/quote:3fb7ohtv]

@ 1 – DA indeed went on knowledge from others when he made that post.

@ 2 – the ‘rumoured’ "Greta Garbo" – tape has not surfaced and as far as I know is not out there: indeed.

@ 3 – RER made a lot of money off fans by selling cdrs of the early tapes he had. those actual tapes were sold and bought by a collective of fans years ago. at least all the demos from The Marked that is. I believe the NEC songs RER has/had were included therein too. that would imply RER has sold the actual tapes by now. this I know quite sure.

@ 4 – RER does have some valid claims as there are others I’m still entertaining and researching. there’s a lot of hazy history in the early years still to be cleared up, yes. I’ve been researching those years for some 10 years now and am getting closer to a full picture, especially since I’ve heard a demo from yet another band before TSP with BC in it… to be continued, no doubt.

Profile photo of salkema
On salkema wrote:

Which band are you talking about?
Indeed this Garbo tape has created a lot of buzz plus I think only billy might have this tape.
Also I will contact Len Ayala which is a key person for this era (I do have his contact info).
So this Hope demo? is it a rumor? has it surfaced because at least they have a songlist.
Also I remember Frank Quinto (SP archivist) stating in the sp.com website that he found a video or tape of the band rehearsing this song \"Lock me Up\" and that was before the NEC! Also Ron Roesing remembers this song, verse ) \"The poor boy i am prohibits me from being free
Lock me up I coming home, cause i been away to long, been away to long you know its true…\" quote from Ron Roesing in a 2006 netphoria post.
I believe billy might still have all this tapes and I also believe there can be a lot of interesting stuff about this era in the SP archives.
Hope we get there Sven, I am doing my best!

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

@ 1 – let’s say it’s legit and true and will be out there in due time…

@ 2 – as for the \"Greta Garbo\" tape: NO! > someone else then BC has a tape with these songs.

@ 3 – maybe, indeed, Len will be able to provide some info…

@ 4 – ‘Hope’ is true and valid and real, period.

@ 5 – NEC has been around for several years; quite quite some years now!

@ 6 – Frank’s work is VERY valuable! – but, PLEASE!!! – get your own record straight in terms of time line(s) and more…!!!

@ 7 – RER’s memories??? – well: proof??? – then we’ll see…

@ 8 – NO! – BC does NOT have all the old stuff. if you’d read the boards and all correctly you’d known i’ve the first ever TSP song on tape because of researching like a mad-man for years and years… plus: I gave this take/recording to BC as he didn’t have it himself, even!!!

@ 9 – Yes! – there’s a lot to be found and researched. I for me am working on it. For years.

@ 10 – Still – what doesn’t ‘HELP’ is many peeps bugging people and such… just… trust me: there’s more, there will be more… what’s there to be had from Ron and Len and those peeps; it’s there… there’s more… just: give me the time and room and all… if there’s like several peeps coming in all is lost for sure…

so:
– enjoy the music from the early tapes
– tapes themselves? – sorry: no chance… those are gone and sold.
– the tape with the first TSP-song? – sorry: no chance… it’s secure here, with me. (even BC has only a cdr copy take of it now)
– please please please check ALL boards and more first!!! before you engage in action towards certain individuals!!!!
– these people have been contacted over and over, you’re not the first.
– check everywhere and when there’s a new thing, go for it… BUT!!!— make sure there’s a new thing!

An all new demo tape is out there and I’ve heard several parts of it via the phone.
We might get this, one day.
Prodding doesn’t help as this is an effort of over 5 years of research getting closer still…

So:
stay tuned and check out what’s out there.

Also:
an actual The Marked tape would fetch???
> USD 1.500 – 2.000

If you’re willing to pay something like that….
Go ahead and make an offer…
To the people owning the The Marked tapes….

To me:
it’s not about the actual tape(s)…
it’s about the music…

Therefore:
enough said in this/your topic.

I’m slightly disgusted, even, to be honest.

Why?
As- for me it’s all about the music, per se.
Upfront in all my research and all thru all the years.
So missing in your post(s).

Disgusted; my final post herein.

Profile photo of salkema
On salkema wrote:

Actually I only care about the music… besides I have no money to buy these expensive stuff.
I have hope that it will surface over time.. I am just trying to help! I do think I have a clear picture of the years post-florida till 1988 in which the band \"evolved\" as far as songs and Ron and Len’s participation in the band. Speaking about early songs, whats the first ever SP song on tape? is it the 1987 \"I fall\"?

Profile photo of EAZYE121
Participant
On EAZYE121 wrote:

To Sven:

this \"new\" band, is it coat of arms?

Profile photo of salkema
On salkema wrote:

It might be.. but I know of this bands for years now. It’s nothing new. I think billy has been in 4 bands before TSP, those are Marked, Coat of Eyes, Hexen and Lex.

I had never heard of Lex before.

Profile photo of salkema
On salkema wrote:

It was his high school band in 1982 way before Hexen. I think billy left the band because they started playing christian rock music.

Have you ever seen any Marked videos? other than scary neurotic song and the trance?

No, I don’t think I’ve seen any other videos.

I tried to upload that Marked tape yesterday, but it failed. I’ll try again tonight.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

this "new" band, is it coat of arms?[/quote:1gk1nh9s]
No. It is a band called "Remove That Bible", but they were also going by the name "The Marinettis". Billy Corgan wringed the bass in that band for a short while, as far as Sven and me know/heard. There is a tape out there in the US (of course we can not say where now :wink: ) and it’s called "Ancient Times". It has songs with Corganesque titles like Dance V1, The Will Of God, Wastelands, Dance V2, Immediate Freshness, EO, Cherie Cherie, Dance, Workaholic, Radio Time, The Contender, I Wonder, Ancient Times, Like A Cloud and Ice. That’s almost all we know now, and are allowed to spread. Furthermore, Sven and me might be able to get a hold of that tape, or, in the worst case, its digital rip. And then we hopefully can release some or all songs by the end of March, or early of April, if all goes well. Details about that are discussed as we speak. Also we still need some extra confirmation from other sources, to know this is not another hoax. Keep you posted, and fingers crossed that we succeed! :)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

Good luck, guys.

Do you know if (some of) those songs were written by Billy Corgan? Or is he just playing on them? Or is even that not certain?

Profile photo of salkema
On salkema wrote:

Cool! Very interesting.

In which years this took place? as far as billy’s involvement in this band.

I tried to upload that Marked tape yesterday, but it failed. I’ll try again tonight.[/quote:3o84q4le]
here you go, bucky: http://www.mediafire.com/?mn4jzolykil :wink:

Profile photo of salkema
On salkema wrote:

Thanks a lot Cool as Ice Cream! really appreciate.

you’re welcome.

i copied the names of the songs off spfreaks.com (http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1713). i didn’t have time to listen and check. i hope all is correct.
note that those 30 seconds of stained glass window, and the last two songs on side b aren’t mentioned on the j-card.
is the second to last song really unknown (i.e. not available on any other tape that is out there), or does someone know what the title is?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In