SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: Billy’s most favourite metal albums

This topic contains 6 replies, has 965 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Voidhanger Voidhanger 7 years, 2 months ago.

On Voidhanger wrote:

And now something completely different… Bye bye Courtney! :lol:

MusicRadar asked Billy to pick his 10 all time greatest metal albums, and here they are, published today…

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ … ime-248694

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

nice to see pantera in there.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of mirrorboxer
On mirrorboxer wrote:

To be honest, the only 2 on the list that I like and are my personal taste is #9 and #10.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Albums 9, 8, 6 (both mentioned), 3, 2 and 1 are in my personal music collection. :)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Far Beyond Driven? C’mon, maaan. We all know that Coboys From Hell is one of the 90’s best metal albums, if not THE one.

I can definately agree on the 1st album.

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Good to see Iggy & The Stooges \"Funhouse\" in there, though it could have been placed higher- like 3-4.

Profile photo of Voidhanger
Participant
On Voidhanger wrote:

I think that list is hit-and-miss. Some definite classics in there, but personally I can’t stand PANTERA. I’m surprised he picked God Hates Us All, SLAYER’s early work seems much more in his style. I know he’s stated his appreciation for BATHORY before, it’s too bad they didn’t make the list. It’s good to see MERCYFUL FATE in there though, I always knew the line in \"Tarantula\" was a (not-so) veiled reference to their album Don’t Break the Oath.

As a black/death metal fanatic, I wish there was a bit more of that in there, haha.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In