SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: bored at work thread

This topic contains 66 replies, has 7,184 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jupiter jupiter 4 years, 11 months ago.

On jupiter wrote:

let’s create some content here.

but about what? i dunno. anything. i feel like telling long stories. anyone want to ask me a question that might result in a story? or anything else.

yours truly,
herbert tallheels

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

what was the best vacation you ever took?

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

I DONT KNOW :D

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Pardon my bad Dutch, what does it say? :P

In loving memory of Bimbolin.

\"rudi the lust rabbit\"

\"with a piercing gaze? no, haven’t seen him. goodbye, mister inspector.\"

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

I don’t know either :P

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Bram, tell us about your job? Could that become a long, boring story maybe? :lol:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

and also tell us what makes you think you are cooler than ice cream. :P

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

and also tell us what makes you think you are cooler than ice cream. :P[/quote:2y8dfimb]

Id like to hear that story as well. :lol:

In loving memory of Bimbolin.

i’m a java programmer.
my work is a ten minute bike ride away from where i live. still i usually end up being late at work in the morning.
i have a very hard deadline next week, so no time to be bored these days. unfortunately.

and i never said i thought i was cooler than ice cream, so there’s no story here.

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

well mr. java programmer…I have some questions
Why did my java disappear off my pc? How does that happen after a few years of haing it with regular updates?
I was in the middle of a conversation and it just decided to no longer exist on my pc so I had to redownload it.
Now if you can provide me with a cool answer…I will then think you are cooler than ice cream :P

i don’t want to be cooler than ice cream.

i’m a java programmer. this has absolutely nothing to do with the installation of java on your pc. who cares about that anyway? call the helpdesk or something.

On Anonymous wrote:

you failed
thx for playing…

keep on truckin’! 8)

Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

deja vu

On blueczarina wrote:

nice!

i’m not really a fruit person. i’m more a vegetable man.

there seems to be something wrong with fruit these days. a lot of it is sour. me not like.

my favourite fruits are sweet, and don’t require too much effort to eat. i’m lazy like that. i’m not a big fan of fruit, so they have to make it as easy as possible for me to eat it, otherwise i won’t.
most recently, i have been enjoying bananas, cherries, mango and strawberries. (i also had pineapple, but i can’t say i enjoyed it enough to list it in an answer to the question what my favourite fruit is.)

On Anonymous wrote:

[/quote:3t7gmdmo]

still the best dancing banana around

ugh. today was awful. i was so bored at work, but i couldn’t reach spfreaks.com. not sure if the website was down or if it is somehow not reachable from my work. (did anyone else have any problems earlier?)

now i’m at home. so i shouldn’t post in this thread. BYE! :D

On blueczarina wrote:

i have had a few problems too on and off from my work computer. instead of spfreaks some other thing popped up like it was down. it was some weird page. i could always get on it fine at home though. i don’t remember what the page was. i only see it at work. it was weird though- like it was server thing.

i’m at work now, and i don’t have any problems with spfreaks.com right now. yay!

On blueczarina wrote:

that’s good.

now i suppose since i’m here i will make up some questions assuming you are bored.

if you could travel back through time to any place or date where would you go if anywhere?

whats the most embarrassing album you have bought? or the cheesiest song you like to listen to?

whats the story of this Herbert you mention in the first post in this thread?

and do you collect any other things besides Pumpkins?

that’s good.

now i suppose since i’m here i will make up some questions assuming you are bored.

if you could travel back through time to any place or date where would you go if anywhere?

whats the most embarrassing album you have bought? or the cheesiest song you like to listen to?

whats the story of this Herbert you mention in the first post in this thread?

and do you collect any other things besides Pumpkins?[/quote:3jpdp2bt]
thanks a lot for all your questions.

i’d like to travel back to a nice time and a nice place (no war, nice area, good living conditions, …), where i can use knowledge of the present to make big fortune in the past (lottery numbers, buy apple or microsoft, …).
or go back to chicago in the late 80s and try to collect everything pumpkins that is so hard to find these days, as it becomes available. real-time collecting.
(i know this sounds greedy, but these are my first time travel related fantasies, so why not be honest?)

most embarrassing album: no idea. can’t think of any right now. it’s not impossible that i don’t have any album that i find embarrassing.
if i can think of one, i’ll let you know.

cheesiest song: the alan parsons project – old and wise.
my dad is to blame, as he used to listen to this when i was young.

herbert: good question. i was wondering this myself when i read this thread. i can’t remember who he is. not at all.
herbert, if you read this, please help out!

yes, there are other bands i collect. not as freakily as the pumpkins, but still. the biggest collections (next to sp) are probably david bowie and pixies.
but if i like a band a certain way, i’ll always start collecting their releases. i guess this is a hobby. i really enjoy deciding what releases i need, and then tracking them down.
i think i have almost all commercial albums and singles of say, arcade fire. but they only have two albums, so that collection isn’t really that big (about 10 cds and 10 vinyls, i guess).
and like that, there are way more bands. for some, i don’t even have all the albums yet, for others, i’m completing my collection with the last couple of singles or even compilation cds with a track that isn’t available anywhere else. for some bands i only aim for the studio albums, for others i go deeper and try to get all b-sides and whatnot.
not sure how many bands i’ve done this for. sometimes i start on a band and then lose interest and stop. which is better for the wallet, of course.
other bands i can think of right now, where i tried to complete a bit of a collection instead of just buying the one or two albums i’d normally buy: evil superstars, deus, the breeders, grandaddy, nirvana, leftfield, massive attack, the chemical brothers, the beatles, bob dylan, nick drake, elliott smith, channel zero, yeah yeah yeahs, the white stripes, queens of the stone age, bon iver, dinosaur jr, sonic youth, soulwax, air. and there’s more.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In