SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: Death From Above – A Quality Track

This topic contains 11 replies, has 1,458 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Superlordspamulon Superlordspamulon 9 years, 7 months ago.

On Superlordspamulon wrote:

Well, I just received my copy of the Tarantula UK CD in the mail yesterday and popped it in immediately to hear DFA. I’m pleasantly surprised by it. The song title suggests that it may be an aggressive rocker, but it’s completey opposite. I really like the tune, how it keeps building (mostly by Jimmy’s drumming), and then kind of doesn’t go anywhere, climax-wise anyway. Reminds me of Suffer…

Also, the Pumpkins have done this before with Bullet with Butterfly Wings. Wasn’t Bullet the first song to be released off MCIS? And it’s B-side was Said Sadly, a complete contrast to the rock aspect of the band. I love it!

BTW, I’m still sticking to my story about Zeitgeist being a let down. Good, yes, but could have been better.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon

mmm yes i know
i really like it too :)

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

Yeah, i bought the yellow Zeitgeist, it is a good tune!

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Me too actually. See this video of Death From Above (piano only), it gives you the shivers. At least it did with me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFa_QWIyfqQ[/youtube]

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

hah billy at the beginning :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

hah billy at the beginning :lol:[/quote:do51tz4p]
being very playful :lol:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

nice vid! remember the fanmade vid on pumpkins homepage? hahaha!

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Thanks for posting that video Arthur. It makes me think that when the demos for Zeitgeist surface Death From Above will be a piano version from Billy’s basement or something.

Out of curiosity, I panned over in the bottom of the youtube frame to the Tarantula official ECW video. Why did the ECW do a version of this video? It’s a good video, has different footage of the band, but wrestling? What the hell?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

DFA was given to me by someone I love and it brings a strange, sad smile to my face every time I hear it. Great song![/quote:29jtug1n]

Strange, sad smile? I guess I understand. :? <—- does it look like that?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

you probably already know this, but when i saw pumpkins at reading, they played DFA on piano :) that was a really great moment (apart from the drunken idiots yelling for zero during it :evil: they had alreayd played it by then!) but yes – one of the best moments of the night for me, up there with 1979 acoustic :)
and yes, it is a great song :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In