SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: disarm webisode

This topic contains 6 replies, has 743 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidp2007 davidp2007 5 years, 5 months ago.

On davidp2007 wrote:

after i watched that, i think the pumpkins are pretty much over after oceania. hopefully, they finish teargarden, but i got some weird \"this is it, folks\" vibes. you heard it hear first…

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

is this a new webisode? do you have a link?
i remember seeing a couple before. (two gish songs and starla, if i’m not mistaken.)

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= … Uhmz_al2xI

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

hmmm… that’s not working for me; youtube is acting weird.

i’ve watched it too now, but i don’t see anything in that video that would hint at the end of the pumpkins.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

no, it’s just a feeling i got. there is nothing in there that really gives anything away. it feels like the end though. explaining songs, finally providing official gish lyrics (how long did that take?), reissuing all your material (how many times can that be done?), last great album, moving on to new pursuits (tea club, book, wrestling). i feel a goodbye in a lot of these performances.

plus nicole has her own band and mike can go on to pursue drumming however he wants. jeff will have a phD soon. it makes sense to walk away. right now: destroy destroy destroy.

of course, i hope i’m completely wrong.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of jupiter
On jupiter wrote:

i hope you’re wrong too
:(

speed kills but beauty lives forever
Profile photo of davidp2007
Participant
On davidp2007 wrote:

I don’t get that vibe at all to be honest. He’s being introspective about the songs because he has been revisiting them through the reissues. It gives people more of an insight then can be provided in the reissues themselves.

But I could be wrong, but the vibe is completely different then when I say read the Rolling Stone article around the time Machina came out, I got the distinct feeling like they were going to break up and I remember being kind of depressed after reading that article.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In