SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: DJ Promo Vinyl WLPs

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2,936 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of manillascissor manillascissor 8 years, 5 months ago.

On manillascissor wrote:

So I just bought a 12\" w/ 4 songs on it (2 each side), and the last track is 1979 Mix Vocal Mix. Song is complete and official.

I guess I’m wondering how \"official\" this record is. I asked the seller where it came from, he has been a DJ for 25 years and has no clue (understandable).

Anyone here ever run across these? Is this essentially garbage or something worth holding onto? There is nothing on it that ties it to a particular record label. It’s just this random fucking record.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Thom
On Thom wrote:

no matix number?

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

yeah, it’s like DJ A 5000, seems real generic.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

how random. Get on the detective work, ya never know

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Well the seller found it after Kid Capri opened a show for him one night, so i’m going with a bootleg pressed for/by Kid Capri. I’ve heard of Kid Capri before, but I’m not familiar w/ his work. Oh well, I didn’t pay much for it, I can handle a DJs used bootleg in my collection. ;)

in my time of dying
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

i think its cool to have

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

You could always use it as an interesting plate?

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

:lol:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

You could always use it as an interesting plate?[/quote:2rwxobkq]

very true. or coaster.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:
You could always use it as an interesting plate?[/quote:2hlah7t7]

very true. or coaster.[/quote:2hlah7t7]

CDs are ideal coasters. 12" vinyls are far too big to be a coaster, unfortunately.

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
You could always use it as an interesting plate?[/quote:lq4dcm3d]

very true. or coaster.[/quote:lq4dcm3d]

CDs are ideal coasters. 12" vinyls are far too big to be a coaster, unfortunately.[/quote:lq4dcm3d]

what about for a pony-keg?

in my time of dying
On Anonymous wrote:

what’s a pony-keg?
Never heard that term before

I think you will be just fine using the cd for…..what is it again you have for what? :lol:
:P

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

a pony keg is like a quarter or half (not sure) the size of a whole keg. of beer!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I’m getting thirsty here. Not for the vinyl though… :wink:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On Anonymous wrote:

never knew…

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Anyone here ever run across these? Is this essentially garbage or something worth holding onto? There is nothing on it that ties it to a particular record label. It’s just this random fucking record.[/quote:b901xoek]
Never seen anything like this. How does it sound? Just like one of the official 1979 Mixes vinyl releases? Is it 33 or 45 rpm?

I know that "how does it sound" is vague, but I guess you could get to know more about this record if took a closer look at the audio and compared it with the other vinyl releases and the cd release.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

yeah I played it, and it sounds like the 1979 vocal mix was put right onto vinyl. i’ve not played my vinyl 1979 mixes before, just the CDs, and my record player is essentially a piece of crap, but from what i can hear, it sounds very professionally \"transferred\" or however it got onto this vinyl. I’ll upload some pics soon.

in my time of dying

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In