SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Support – SPfreaks

Topic: DONE: Avatar size

This topic contains 9 replies, has 84 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 9 years, 2 months ago.

On Arthur wrote:

Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB.[/quote:14decx7j]

I don’t mind the 80×80 pixels, but would it be possible to increase the file size a bit? There really isn’t much one can do with 6 kB.

Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

I recognize your problem. I could tell you to be creative within the current restriction, but I also know that for a fancy avatar that 6Kb is very limmited. That’s why I’ve changed the ristriction from 6Kb to 25Kb per avatar.

You will read in your profile the new maximum.

I hope this will solve your problem.

One warning is in place. The reason to keep the size down is performance. Performance consumed from the hosting server when downloading the avatar and the performance of the webclients (many large sized pictures slows down the loading of a page). If performance becomes an issue, for the hosting server or clients, I will size down the avatar.

living in a reality on endless views & unbound fantasies...
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Ok, thanks! :wink:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Sweet. But where is that underground touch that was connected to your avatars so far?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

underground touch?

maybe it’s because i’m using transparant avatars. older browsers have problems displaying these correctly. maybe that’s what you see?

i see it correctly in firefox 2. (and i’m sure it worked in the older mozilla browsers too.)
just checked it with internet explorer 7 and that one is good as well.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yeah you are right about that, in my IE 6.0 I see a blueish white area around the head. But it’s not what I mean. I remember you had another Billy head before that looked more devilish, and that B-symbol later on. Underground. Alternative.

This is a Silly Billy going out for a skitrip… Do you turn softy in Spring, Cool As Ice Cream?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

Do you turn softy in Spring, Cool As Ice Cream?[/quote:2tfvtru1]

It’s like a poem, I swear!

Say it out loud! :lol:

But yeah, 25kb per avatar shouldn’t be that much of an issue. 25 posts per page equates to 625kb per page, as opposed to 150kb when it was 6kb per avatar. That’s only a 475kb difference. And that’s assuming everyone’s using avatars that are maxed out file sizes, with every post on the page from a unique user.

So basically, it’s not a huge increase, and i’m surprised the file size limit wasn’t increased sooner!

So apparently I don't post very often these days

my spin doctor told me to change my image. i’m still searching for the right thing. this one seems ok so far.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:
Do you turn softy in Spring, Cool As Ice Cream?[/quote:24w0scap]
It’s like a poem, I swear![/quote:24w0scap]
:lol:

my spin doctor told me to change my image.[/quote:24w0scap]
Let me help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In