SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Support – SPfreaks

Topic: DONE: Chat room/ Chat Program for the member

This topic contains 6 replies, has 100 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings bullettwoutbutterflywings 9 years, 4 months ago.

On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

Dear Webmaster(s),

How about develop a chatroom or chat program for the members? I think this would be something very interesting.

This will allow the memebers to ex-change thoughts and get to know each other better. But of course it would not serve as a match making site :P

Please reconsider this :D

I am-Shannen-I exist!
Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

It’s a very interesting idea.

I could support it, as I’m capable of hosting a chat service and integrated it in the total concept of the website. It’s not even that complicated.

The option I offer is a chatroom; a public room to meet each other. One to one messaging is possible, real time. Through the forum is private messaging (PM) supported.

For the webclient there will be a dependancy on java (not java script), which I don’t know if each (type of) browser will support that.
For client software, the chatservice can be accessed by the use of an IRC chatclient (on whatever platform, windows, mac, unix).

I will discuss it in the team and when positive decided, you will see the announcement.

Thank you for this good idea :D

living in a reality on endless views & unbound fantasies...
Profile photo of Shannen
On Shannen wrote:

Hi Webmaster,

Eventhough you took a while to reply but indeed it’s a good news that you have brought to us. :D

Yes, I was about to suggest the use of MIRC platform. I think that the most user friendly chat program and can be supported by any OS.

As long the chat program doesn’t interrupt (slow down) SPfreaks.com then it should be fine.

I sincerely hope this would help to woo more SP fans to the site around the globe where everyone gets connected with SP updates :D

Let me know if any help is required. I’ll try my best.

I am-Shannen-I exist!
Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

Hi Shannen,

Because of the easy implementation of a chat service, your very good suggestion is already life :D

The service is based on IRC and can be accessed throught a client like mIRC or other clients. On the homepage of you will find detailed settings for connecting by an IRC client.

I hope this brings the SPfreaks community more together than already through this forum and the private messaging.

Have a nice chat :-)

living in a reality on endless views & unbound fantasies...
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings

i know you have explained it, but i am still having some problems getting it right–

when i go to log on, it lets me but when i am there (chat room) it doesn’t say connected like on the pic you showed. it says connect.

what am i doing wrong.

i don’t know how to do a picture of it to put up what it looks like, but i can’t type anything.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of Shannen
On Shannen wrote:

Hi,

I think you are behind a firewall. I have the same problem as well. It will just show \"Connect\" and the screen seems to be hang when I login from work.

But it works fine when I’m at home.

I am-Shannen-I exist!
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings

well darn, i will have to look at that and try to figure out how to get around it.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In