SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Support – SPfreaks

Topic: DONE: Error message when submitting a new post

This topic contains 15 replies, has 1,388 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream Cool As Ice Cream 3 years, 4 months ago.

On manillascissor wrote:

Since a couple of days, i frequently – not always – get the following error message when submitting a post:

General Error

Could not connect to smtp host : 10060 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 112
File : smtp.php[/quote:znklofze]

Afterwards, I can return to the forum, and the post I just submitted will show up as \"unread\".
So I can still post, but I often have to go past this error message. And I’ll have to reopen the thread I just posted in, if I want to get rid of that \"unread messages\" icon.

I wonder why the forum is looking for an smtp host anyway. I’m only posting. Doesn’t smtp have something to do with sending e-mails?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Annoying error indeed. Last night I notified the tech guy, he fixed it. I think, because I only tested it briefly.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

thanks, arthur. and thanks, tech guy.

Could not connect to smtp host : 10060 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

DEBUG MODE

File : smtp.php[/quote:1w8z0i07]
it looks like the exact same error is back!
i have noticed it for the last couple of days.
please reopen issue. ;)

I also get this error when sending a personal message.

Could it be that this error occurs whenever the system tries to send an email. For example, when someone has asked to be notified of new personal messages or replies to a certain thread?
I think it must be something like that. This also explains why this error doesn’t happen every time one posts: only if someone is \"following\" the thread, this error will happen.

Please look into this. Maybe you just need to update the smtp settings, or simply restart a service or something.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

It’s more problematic than I thought. This is what the tech guy emailed (in Dutch):

\"De enig manier waarop dit te fixen is, is de mailfunctie uit te zetten.

Hieraan liggen 2 zaken ten grondslag:

1) mijn IP adres staat op enkele blacklists ivm verdachte mail activiteit (het forum dus);
2) de server waarnaar gemaild wordt geeft werkelijk geen response, en dus treed er een error op.

Beide kan ik niet oplossen. Ik heb me van 2 blacklists af kunnen krijgen, twee geven geen sjoege als ik ze aanschrijf en een derde weigert. Dus zeg het maar?\"

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

Jeetje!

Komt deze fout nog voor, bij andere forums? Dat moet toch haast wel.
Bestaat er geen forum over phpBB forums, speciaal voor webmasters? Misschien is daar een oplossing te vinden?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I’ve passed that thought onwards… Let’s see what he says.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Still having issues, Cool? He says he has fixed something (no idea what though).

Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

I’m still having the same message pop up.

Still having issues, Cool? He says he has fixed something (no idea what though).[/quote:bhs1i6gv]
i don’t know. i haven’t posted in a long time. i’ll let you know.

i just sent you a test private message, arthur.

i’m getting a different error message now:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php[/quote:11m4tdqu]
i guess it’s a better error message.

i still get the same error when posting in the \"What is the latest Pumpkins related item you bought? (cont.)\" thread.

edit: this is the message i get when posting:

DEBUG MODE

File : smtp.php[/quote:199w6xc7]

the error message in my previous post is from when i sent a private message.

Today I received an email from the spfreaks forum! So I guess the problem is fixed?

I received the email because someone sent me Russian spam in a private message, so that wasn’t that interesting. But it’s interesting to know that (some? all?) emails are working again.

The spam private message came from this user, by the way: http://forum.spfreaks.com/profile.php?m … e&u=146046
Please block this user. Or something.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

that account no longer exists. thanks for the heads up (i also received those spam messages)

slight increase in bullshit accounts trying to mess things up as of late. no explanation for it, but trying to stay on top of it.

i hope everyone is smart enough to realize the spam and not click on any associated links.

if more bots come this way, i’ll keep on deleting.

thanks, CAIC.

in my time of dying

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In