SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Support – SPfreaks

Topic: DONE: new collectors feature (ownerslist)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 267 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anonymous Anonymous 8 years, 7 months ago.

On Dazey wrote:

It would be cool if you could log in and maintain a list of your collection on SPfreaks. Go to an item in the discography and click ‘I have this’ (or even ‘X copies’) and maybe also an option to share your list with other users. Just an idea.[/quote:2uezu4bt]

i have been thinking about the same thing for a while now. could be a nice extra to this site.[/quote:2uezu4bt]

This is on our wishlist of future development breun, EXACTLY this cool idea. Let’s say there might be something coming soon, in which this feature might be nicely fitting. I hope I can announce something about it here in December that might surprise us all. No promises however, as I have my first face-to-face meeting about it on December 1. Let’s see how that goes, fingers crossed.

And please don’t forget, this whole SPfreaks thing is a voluntary job for everybody involved… It takes a lot of time sometimes, developing new features, especially this one. I guess you know how it works, running your own website also… But I’m glad your idea already gets support from some other members here! 8)[/quote:2uezu4bt]

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of breun
Participant
On breun wrote:

And you wouldn’t have to climb on tables to photograph your collection anymore if there was also an option to create some kind of mosaic for all the items in your collection from the pictures in the discography! (I believe Arthur would like that…)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

And you wouldn’t have to climb on tables to photograph your collection anymore if there was also an option to create some kind of mosaic for all the items in your collection from the pictures in the discography! (I believe Arthur would like that…)[/quote:22mpwwo9]
Yeah! :lol:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

that’s the number one death cause amongst sp collectors, by the way: putting a chair on a table on a table, in order to make a nice picture of a collection, and falling off the whole construction.

on the second place we have suffocation after getting crushed by a pile of vinyl that fell over.

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

that’s the number one death cause amongst sp collectors, by the way: putting a chair on a table on a table, in order to make a nice picture of a collection, and falling off the whole construction.

on the second place we have suffocation after getting crushed by a pile of vinyl that fell over.[/quote:dbi8ynwf]

and third we have the heart attack of having to watch that really rare vinyl that is perched precariously on top of the pile, fall off and shatter.

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I’m introducing another new SPfreaks feature: SP Collectors Horrible Death Insurance. Included also: death by moshing in a raging group of Pumpkins collectors at a SP rarities auction. For a little extra money you’re insured also for blindness, caused by flashlights when tons of people start taking pics when you hold up that Smashing Pumpkins demo cassette with 23 unsurfaced songs from 1989-1990. :lol:

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

on the second place we have suffocation after getting crushed by a pile of vinyl that fell over.[/quote:1c7jvamf]

Death from Above? Wonder if that was the inspiration for the song…

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I’m introducing another new SPfreaks feature: SP Collectors Horrible Death Insurance. Included also: death by moshing in a raging group of Pumpkins collectors at a SP rarities auction. For a little extra money you’re insured also for blindness, caused by flashlights when tons of people start taking pics when you hold up that Smashing Pumpkins demo cassette with 23 unsurfaced songs from 1989-1990. :lol:[/quote:3agfts6m]

Are my rates going to be higher because I smoke?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Death from Above?[/quote:2eo8sdwm]
:lol: touché!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Are my rates going to be higher because I smoke?[/quote:3rc7cqpp]
Actually you get a discount. Your chances of running into a death for another reason, not mentioned in this insurance, are higher.

By the way, I’m a smoker too. 8)

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
Are my rates going to be higher because I smoke?[/quote:2q3dz3of]
Actually you get a discount. Your chances of running into a death for another reason, not mentioned in this insurance, are higher.

By the way, I’m a smoker too. 8)[/quote:2q3dz3of]

YAY!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of breun
Participant
On breun wrote:

Smoking stinks.

Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

It would be cool if you could log in and maintain a list of your collection on SPfreaks. Go to an item in the discography and click ‘I have this’ (or even ‘X copies’) and maybe also an option to share your list with other users. Just an idea.[/quote:3bq7b2ts]
good idea i want it to

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Would this feature be viewable by all other users, or only to the person creating it?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of breun
Participant
On breun wrote:

I mentioned ‘an option to share your list with other users’.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Smoking stinks.[/quote:1hwvm0gs]
Really? :shock:

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:
Smoking stinks.[/quote:3d6e28to]
Really? :shock:[/quote:3d6e28to]
Yup. :P

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

Great idea, I’d love to say I have the stuff I don’t, too! :P

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

This month is SPfreaks’ 5 Year Anniversary, and we didn’t get a gift for that yet…

Fingers crossed everybody? :roll:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Hello site

Any word on this feature? I’ve been dying to chronicle my collection with it. Any news appreciated. Thanks!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Shannen
On Shannen wrote:

Can this be done using SQL?

If yes I would like to help since I’m kinda free here.

I am-Shannen-I exist!
Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

Dear members,

Due to several causes, but mostly my work, I have hardly spare time to work on the SPfreaks website. It was not foreseen that it took several months to become in a more stable situation that I could spend some time on the website.

As far as I can see now I will work on it the next couple of weeks to go life with My Collection.

Stay tuned, I do my best :-)

living in a reality on endless views & unbound fantasies...
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

can’t wait to see it, i was wondering about when that would come about, but didn’t want to bother anyone with silly questions.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
On Anonymous wrote:

I’m going to do some ass kissing here…
this is truly the best pumpkins site I’ve been on…..
You guys do a superb job at taking care of this site and it’s people :)

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

oh, no- ass kissing :lol: :wink:

On Anonymous wrote:

Although I can’t continue with collecting for the forseeable future, I’ve used this new feature and will a little more, until I’ve listed what I can.

Awesome work on the site! :) 8)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In