SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Support – SPfreaks

Topic: DONE: why can’t i post long texts?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of manillascissor manillascissor 9 years, 8 months ago.

On manillascissor wrote:

hi redwolf, today i tried to post quite a long text. it was accepted in the posting screen, however after i clicked submit quite some part was lost. to get it all done i had to post it in 6 different posts. why not maximise the posting screen, or accept longer posts? would be handy thanks. btw i love this site, it’s my favourite pumpkins experience hahaha! :D

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

hi redwolf, today i tried to post quite a long text. it was accepted in the posting screen, however after i clicked submit quite some part was lost. to get it all done i had to post it in 6 different posts. why not maximise the posting screen, or accept longer posts? would be handy thanks. btw i love this site, it’s my favourite pumpkins experience hahaha! :D[/quote:3gin0o1w]

Can you send an example of the whole text you wanted to post to spf-admin@spfreaks.com so I can test the failure by myself. Based on my experience I can eventualy fix the bug.

living in a reality on endless views & unbound fantasies...
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Here is an example RedWolf.

http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=392

I just tried to put the 2 pieces there in 1 post. And when I clicked Preview it showed fine! But then I clicked Submit and it deleted the last part of the text. My solution was to put it in 2 posts. I hope this is helpful?

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

Hi bro,

Thanks for the posting. I thought the problem didn’t exist anymore, but it still remained.

The problem was that large prostings. Postings larger that 4 Kb were truncated when displayed. However, the origional posting was saved, in the origional size.

After reviewing the code, I discovered that problem was in the MS SQL backend. As each language has his singularities, so has PHP. The combination PHP and a MS SQL database gives, in this case, deviant behaviour. PHP is optimized to work with MySQL, where this problem didn’t exist.

I made an adjustment in the source of the MS SQL interface of this builiting board to solve this problem.

Message up to 1 Mb in size will be displayed now. I think that will be enough.

Happy posting :D

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

If Redwolf wasn’t a man, I’d make out w/ him now. But he is. :( You’re on your own Red.

BTW, love the new pic.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of RedWolf
Participant
On RedWolf wrote:

I guess that’s a compliment :?

And by the way, manillascissor, I’m a wolf, a solitary animal, so I rather be at my own :D

Which pic do you like manillascissor?

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

The one with the redwolf actually putting his paw on the keyboard. Maybe you’ve always had it, I just noticed it though. Pretty cool!

in my time of dying

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In