SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: Fancy Space People white 12\" recieved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1,013 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Danni Danni 6 years, 10 months ago.

On Honeymade Opiate wrote:

Beautiful. Just recieved the new Fancy Space People 12\" from Starry Records. 100 copies on white wax.
Even has Kerry Brown’s signature in the \"sender\" field (as it’s his label, obviously – duh).

Great music, resembles me somewhat of the LA-band Satellite Party. Sexy, yet very futuristic.

Billy C is credited for the guitar.

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Ooooops. Wrong forum.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Hehe, no, good forum! It’s related to Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins, so…

Awesome vinyl, by the way! This should have an upload in the Collection too. May I use your pics (or are you willing to take a few new ones, front/back of sleeve, front/back of vinyl etc in separate pics)? Thanks!

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of mirrorboxer
On mirrorboxer wrote:

I’ve been on the fence about this one since it first went up for preorder. The band seems a bit weird and the music doesn’t immediately grab me. I remember when they did a ustream in the studio with Fancy Space People and they really put me off. How much guitar is Billy credited? and is the album any good musically, or do the samples on Starry Records give an accurate representation?

I’m a big vinyl junkie and those white platters are tempting, but the cover art is atrocious :shock: ! Win one, Lose one, even Stephen.

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

[/quote:1o9kl2xv]
what about this sheet? do you think it’s included with every copy?

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Mirrorboxer, the music’s great. At least in my opinion.

As they aren’t really a gigantic band, perhaps that $10-15 (or how much the LP cost, don’t remember…) seems a bit excessive. Anyway, I’m a sucker for white wax especially, and that it’s limited to 100 copies makes it even more obvious that it’s a record that deserves it’s space in my collection.

CAIC, I think at least they’re with every white wax copy. I don’t know about the black vinyl release, though…

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

I might take some new pics for the collection Arthur.

And here’s the album credits:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In