SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: First Teargarden EP can be pre-ordered

This topic contains 63 replies, has 7,854 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 7 years, 5 months ago.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Nice find! :shock:

I imagine it will be for sale elsewhere, but maybe just not yet. It’s still sorta early.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of mr.benway
Participant
On mr.benway wrote:

Is this the only place this will be for sale, or did anyone find other online stores mentioning this release?[/quote:3pafdr0h]

The "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope Vol. 1 | Songs for a Sailor" EP is listed at Amazon
for € 45.99
for £ 27.49

:shock:

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Why is everything so freakin expensive in Germany?

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of Collectspumpkins
On Collectspumpkins wrote:

I find it sad that we have to hear about this release from Amazon/Insound before the band can release any info on it officially on their own website. As I recall, weren’t these supposed to go on sale via the website first anyway? And weren’t these EPs supposed to be super limited?

I’ll still buy it, but I just wish the SP camp would get their shit together. Remember this is what Billy C said himself:

\"We will however sell highly limited edition EPs (of 4 songs each times 11), and details of how those EPs will be made available are still being worked out. Because the songs themselves will be free, the EPs will be more like collectors items for the discerning fan who will want the art itself, along with the highest possible audio quality available.\"

So $30 for basically 2 new songs on vinyl and a hand-carved \"leopard stone\" obelisk? And it isn’t even numbered!! Ugh. I wish I could be a part of planning a limited edition release. Lord knows I bought so many of the past 20+ years, I know what adds value and what doesn’t.

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Yeah, it’s not really clear how limited this is. Maybe they’re waiting to see how many pre-orders there are before they decide on a number.
I don’t care though. Limited just means they’ll only make a certain amount and then that’s it. Highly limited? Well, it’s all relative. I personally wasn’t expecting a release of only 500 numbered copies.

And I think the price is fair. You’re not just paying for two songs on vinyl. I think that’s a wrong way of thinking. You’re also getting the four free songs, but now on cd. That’s also worth something. And apparently, the cd also contains instrumentals. And it comes in a nice box. (I assume nobody cares about that obelisk, so let’s not add it to the calculation.)

I’m not pre-ordering yet though. I have my doubts about the April 20th release date.

Profile photo of Collectspumpkins
On Collectspumpkins wrote:

Yeah, it’s not really clear how limited this is. Maybe they’re waiting to see how many pre-orders there are before they decide on a number.
I don’t care though. Limited just means they’ll only make a certain amount and then that’s it. Highly limited? Well, it’s all relative. I personally wasn’t expecting a release of only 500 numbered copies.

And I think the price is fair. You’re not just paying for two songs on vinyl. I think that’s a wrong way of thinking. You’re also getting the four free songs, but now on cd. That’s also worth something. And apparently, the cd also contains instrumentals. And it comes in a nice box. (I assume nobody cares about that obelisk, so let’s not add it to the calculation.)

I’m not pre-ordering yet though. I have my doubts about the April 20th release date.[/quote:1w0vkm05]

From a sales scan posted on Netphoria, it appears that only 10,000 will be made. Also, on the flyer/sales sheet. 99 boxes will have a "different" obelisk, so go figure. Of all the things to change. How about 99 boxes have the vinyl on red vinyl? Or 99 boxes have a poster/lithograph type art print.

lol @ the different obelisk. i can’t say i disagree with you there. why is it even there to begin with?

\"oh my god! an obelisk! just what i needed. i’ll get five. what? 99 box sets have a different obelisk? give me another 900 then.\"

: $23.99

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

special obelisk, huh. lol and that’s funny Bram. i agree. :lol:

: $23.98

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

It’s funny how many places call this release \"Teagarden\"… :wink:

But anyway, here’s my 2 cents. If you see all that \"limited edition\" releases out there, then this Smashing Pumpkins one is a little outstanding in a good way, just my humble opinion. I mean, which band can say they do 44 songs on 11 releases? Who does 4/6 of the songs for free in a pre-release? Who adds a funny little item like a \"hand-carved \"leopard stone\" obelisk, about 2\" tall, similar to marble\" to a music release?*

So yeah, I’m good with it for the moment. I’m only curious if there will many Made in <<whatevercountry>> releases, but I guess not. And if 99 out of 10,000 will have a different obelisk, well, I don’t care that much. Let the obelisk lovers be happy with that, I’m happy with the music. :wink:

*OK, let’s be honest, I recall such thing happened before. It’s not really that new that a not-really-music-related item is added to a music release. For example, my favourite band in the 1970’s (KISS) added a cardboard gun to their 1977 Love Gun album.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Oh, and who pre-ordered it already, and where and why? Just curious…

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Tion
On Tion wrote:

i pre-ordered 2 copies from amazon germany…
i think the prize is okay, the box looks nice. iam not paying for the songs, i really like the package :shock:
must look great when you have 11 of these

everything is perfect in disco- town.
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

i pre-ordered 2 copies from amazon germany…
i think the prize is okay, the box looks nice. iam not paying for the songs, i really like the package :shock:
must look great when you have 11 of these[/quote:1lzptwl4]
I fully agree, but why did you order there? It’s very expensive, compared to other online places! :shock:

I converted your hard work finding these sources for online pre-ordering into a little article on the homepage of http://www.SPfreaks.com . Thanks guys! You rock, as always! 8)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

By the way… New label for them Pumpkins? :shock:

http://www.myrocketscience.com/Clients/ … /index.php

Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

i ordered one off of amazon and one off of insound. i would have gone with cd universe for the 2nd, if i had waited a bit. could have saved a few dollars.

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

The US flyer for this thingy gives some more info on how the obelisk looks, that there are 99 \"sparkly\" obelisks and that a world tour is to be expected this year. I’m still doubtful about how many of these boxes are produced and where… Both Amazon UK and Amazon Germany call it an \"Import\"… :roll:

Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

anyone think there might be some wmmm promo cd’s pressed for the radio stations? if so, i would like one please.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

anyone think there might be some wmmm promo cd’s pressed for the radio stations? if so, i would like one please.[/quote:3d2aoffd]
Ditto… :wink:

My guess is, they will appear sooner or later. We see that flyer above already (picked it up from Netphoria), and I presume it goes with some more promo goodies including a promo cd. So far my sources cannot tell me anything…

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Not buying. Those new songs just doesn’t cut it fo me. I’ll go back to my shell listening to Bury Me.

Profile photo of EAZYE121
Participant
On EAZYE121 wrote:

Just go an email form amazon.com and it stated the release date is changed to June 8th.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Just go an email form amazon.com and it stated the release date is changed to June 8th.[/quote:3hymqv4m]

oh my! :shock:

in my time of dying
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

got one of those this morning too:

Estimated arrival date: May 28 2010 – June 02 2010

Profile photo of mirrorboxer
On mirrorboxer wrote:

via studiodog (Kerry) on Twitter:

\"Pumpkins TBK EP release delayed. They made the obelisk 2 feet tall not 2 inches. IT WILL NOT FIT IN BOX! I will blog details this weekend.\"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In