SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Support – SPfreaks

Topic: FIX IT! (Bugs and Problems)

This topic contains 40 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 2 years, 5 months ago.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Please post all the little things that are not properly working in this thread so the developercan have all the information in one place.  Thanks!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

most of the things aren’t working for me (profile, my collection, notifications, friend requests). i think it’s because there are spaces in my username, but that’s just a guess.

for example, “build my collection” tries to go here: http://spfreaks.com/member-list/cool%20as%20ice%20cream/
this then gets redirected to: http://spfreaks.com/member-list/coolasicecream/
and that results in “page not found” (error 404).

Profile photo of karabeaner17
Keymaster
On karabeaner17 wrote:

Hi, your account should be fixed! take a look and let me know if you’re still having any issues!

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

yes, i have a note in specifically about you.  πŸ™‚

in my time of dying

i assume “jawn till dusk” has the same problem as me.

hey, that’s funny. i replied to your reply, but instead of quoting it, my reply appeared underneath your reply. so there’s a link between the two. i guess that works too.

but maybe people will now miss the (newest) replies that aren’t at the bottom of the page?

Profile photo of spag
Participant
On Spag wrote:

My collection has almost completely vanished, only 36 items left. πŸ™

I'm the best bass player the Smashing Pumpkins ever had
Profile photo of spag
Participant
On Spag wrote:

And adding concerts is a bit tedious. Took my quite a while to add just a few.

Profile photo of jeroendocter
Participant
On jeroendocter wrote:

I got 1118 items in my collection
but when you look at the items that are in my collection it sayes own: NO

Profile photo of spag
Participant
On Spag wrote:

For once I’m lucky not to have collection the same size as yours!

Keymaster
On karabeaner17 wrote:

Hi,

Please try going through the password recovery process via the login link (so if logged in, logout, then click sign in –> recover password). Once you’ve reset your password, let me know if you still can’t see the items in your collection! Please message me directly at lkaraben@gmail.com if you still have an issue!

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

yeah, sorry spag.  i’m not sure why some collections came all the way through and others having to be rebuilt.  mine came through, but i was hoping it WOULDN’T so i could go through my entire collection again!  oh well πŸ™‚

as for adding concerts, i found it pretty easy to do.  i just searched for the city and usually found the show pretty easily.  can you elaborate on how it was difficult for you?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of spag
Participant
On Spag wrote:

My list is complete now, so I guess it’s not really an issue for me anymore. I’ll try to explain anyway.

First I’ll look up the country where I attended most concerts, in my case The Netherlands. This gives me a list of 23. I set the button to the right of each of the 8 shows I want to select to YES and then check my concert history: zero concerts. So, to actually save the selected shows to your history, you have to click at the ‘more’ link of every concert and then set the button to YES. Howeever, and this is what makes it a bit time consuming, on this screen, there is no easy way to go back to the list of shows in The Netherlands. So what I did, was click on tour & recordings again, search for Dutch shows, select the one I want to add, click on the more button, etc… 

Hope this makes sense.

Profile photo of jeroendocter
Participant
On jeroendocter wrote:

When I try to add a new cd to my collection I use the edit button
A new window is opend to add the cd
but the name on top is not the same as the one I would like to add

for example
when I try to add AEGEA to my collection and push the edit butten
in the new window is sayes (at the Top) Being Beige
when I fill in all the information and push save
it adds the information to AEGEA

Keymaster
On karabeaner17 wrote:

This should be fixed, thanks!

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

thanks jeroen!

all these notes are going to be reviewed tomorrow when working hours resume.

KEEP THEM COMING!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of buiopesto
Participant
On buiopesto wrote:

my collection has completely vanished too. guess I’ll have to rebuilt it 

Keymaster
On karabeaner17 wrote:

Hi All, we’re looking into issues, but one that has been fixed is the EDIT ITEMS module. Previously when editing an item in your collection, the wrong Item name was populating – this has been corrected. 

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

why are the dates not occurring in order of post?  they are all jumbled up!!!!

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

or posts occurring in order of date (time posted)

in my time of dying

check my previous post elsewhere in this thread: if you reply to a specific post (reply link on the right-hand side), rather than to the thread (at the bottom of the page), your reply will appear underneath this post.

also note the difference in thickness between the lines between the different posts: thick line for a new post in the thread, thin line if the post is a reply to the post above.

i guess this behavious replaces quoting. it also works, i guess, but i agree that it’s confusing. and one might easily miss a new post if it’s not at the bottom of the page.

Where did the tracklist go in the collection? Am I missing something here?

For example, this copy of Pisces Iscariot: http://spfreaks.com/item/pisces-iscariot-57/
Instead of a tracklist, I see all different recording sessions that have produced at least one song that ended up on this cd. However, we then see the full “setlist” of these recording sessions. Which of those tracks are actually on this cd? (And in what order?) Nobody knows.

On top of that, if you select one song from a recording session, we then see on the right hand side:
– “Also available on”
– “Tours & recordings”
Very nice, but maybe a bit heavy to automatically load the page of a cd with all this extra information?
Also, “also available on” doesn’t seem to return the correct items. For the first recording session of Pisces Iscariot, “Apathy’s Last Kiss” is selected as the first song. This results in a huge list of items that (mostly) don’t contain “Apathy’s Last Kiss”. What is going on here?

Keymaster
On karabeaner17 wrote:

To anyone having issues with their User Accounts and Collections not showing up, please go through the password recovery process via the Login Link. Let us know if after the process is complete, you still have issues. Thanks!

Thanks for all the fixes.

I still can’t access my profile (or any other profile of a user with one or more spaces in their username). I’ve reset my password twice.

Keymaster
On karabeaner17 wrote:

Hi,

I have a developer looking into the issue and hope to have it resolved shortly! I’ll keep you posted!

Keymaster
On karabeaner17 wrote:

You should be able to access your account now! Let me know if you still have any issues!

It works now. Thank you!

If I find any other issues, I will let you know.

Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

Collection:  I can’t edit items when I scroll down in the My Collection section, it just jumps back up to the top.
I have to go to the main collection section and search an item and then edit, or add it. This takes a lot longer…

Forum:  A lot of the older threads in the forum show someone else started the topic rather than the person who actually did.

My Concerts section:  Will the Billy solo and Zwan shows be added? Also there are extra shows for 1996 in NZ for each city. 18-20th March shows didn’t happen as they were postponed.

Great work overall on the site guys, looking good

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Hi Leah,

I would like to report several issues.

1. Everywhere on the site SPFreaks or SP Freaks should be changed to SPfreaks.
2. Forum posts are ordered randomly instead of on date either descending or ascending.
3. When I accept Friends Requests on my profile, the ACCEPT button can be clicked multiple times, without knowing if one of the clicks is working or not. I presume the first click worked, but it doesn’t show anywhere with a message, and/or with a ‘greyed out button’ that allows only one click. I’ve noticed this behaviour on several other buttons too (Delete My Avatar, for example).
4. After deleting my avatar, I tried to upload a new picture for my avatar. This leads to an error on this page (maybe because the file was too big?):

http://spfreaks.com/member-list/arthur/profile/change-avatar/
<h1>500 Internal Server Error</h1>

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@spfreaks.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

<hr /><address>Apache/2.2.22 Server at spfreaks.com Port 80</address>
5. Many Collection items contain wrong tracklist. In test phase it was only “Siamese Dream”, but now it are more, if not all, items. Some examples:

http://spfreaks.com/item/mellon-collie-and-the-infinite-sadness-292/ (contains 20 tracks instead of 30, most of them being wrong too)
http://spfreaks.com/item/unofficial-box-containing-the-official-albums/ (contains some random cds, singles and dvd tracks)
http://spfreaks.com/item/music-select-03/ (contains a full album tracklist instead of 1 track: Try, Try, Try)
http://spfreaks.com/item/the-everlasting-gaze-3/ (ditto, should contain 1 track only: The Everlasting Gaze)
http://spfreaks.com/item/gish-114/ (contains a completely wrong tracklist)
http://spfreaks.com/item/i-am-one-29/ (contains 2 tracks extra, No 1 and No 5 can be deleted)

6. Same story goes for the tracks mentioned on concerts. Just one example:

http://spfreaks.com/concert/melkweg-amsterdam/ (contains several songs that were not even written/released at the date of this gig)

All in all, I think reorganizing the tracks on items and concerts should have highest priority of these 6 issues I mentioned.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Few more things I noticed.

7. In the bar down my screen there is Howdy, Arthur on the right. It states that I have (1) unread Notification, but when I click the menus to go read it, it leads to a page stating “Sorry, no messages were found.”
8. The Insert/edit image button on top here doesn’t allow to browse to the picture that I want to upload in the forum post.
9. In case you wondered where I found another SPFreaks typo: http://spfreaks.com/member-list/ (it states All SPFreaks [372])

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

On page http://spfreaks.com/privacy-policy/ it currently states:

SPfreaks claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless noted otherwise. Images on this blog and discography are copyright to their respectful owners. If there is an image that appears on this blog that you own and do not wish for it appear on this site, please email with a link to the image and it will be promptly removed.

My proposal for a better text would be:

SPfreaks claims no credit for any images posted on this site (blog, discography, forum, social media) unless noted otherwise. Images on this site are copyright to their respectful owners. If there is an image that appears on this site that you own copyright to, and do not wish for it appear on this site, please use the Contact Us page to send us a message with a link to the image and it will be promptly removed if that is within our power.

Profile photo of chauncey
Participant
On chauncey wrote:

I can not add anything to My Collection.  After I fill out the information for an item and click SAVE, nothing happens.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

the first user signature that starts a thread is carried through entire thread

in my time of dying

ah, yes. well spotted, manilla.

i think i found another one. i’m going to test it on this post.
basically, if you make post with a couple of newlines, and first submit it, all is fine. if you then edit your post, all newlines have disappeared from the edit window.

let’s give it a try.

second edit: yes, this happened. all newlines (or how do you call this?) simply disappear when you hit the “edit” button. they’re not even replaced by a whitespace, so all sentences that were on different lines before, are then sticked together. so then you have to either add all newlines again, or leave your post messed up.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream Cool As Ice Cream. Reason: test
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream Cool As Ice Cream. Reason: second edit
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

There was a problem sending that reply. Please try again.

This is what I got after clicking 4 times on the Reply button in my personal email box.

Another comment about the forum: all posts of the thread are loaded and shown when you open a thread, even if a thread has a lot of posts (30+, 800+, it doesn’t matter).
Wouldn’t it be better to have a maximum amount of posts per page?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Now that’s exactly what I emailed to Dev this morning! If I remember well, we had subpages before with pagenumbers, containing a limited set of posts/replies. We had that on the RIP old site too. Furthermore, it currently makes loading the page taking ages…

Participant
On marigold wrote:

<div class=”row”>

<h6>On <span class=”bbp-reply-post-date”>2015.01.05 at 11:35 pm</span> Arthur wrote:</h6>

</div>

I had a similar problem with sending a message – the message sent 3 times because the ‘send reply’ button didn’t seem to be working.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Marigold, we can’t duplicate that issue. What browser (Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, something else) are you using? On what device with what Operating System (smartphone with Android, laptop with Windows 8.1, something else) are you using the new site? Please be as specific and detailed as you can so we can investigate. Thanks!

Participant
On marigold wrote:

I don’t think the browser/platform had anything to do with it – I sent 2 messages with no problem (no repetition), and I think it was just a slower internet connection at the time so it didn’t show my reply – hence trying sending again (twice).  Therefore, it seems if you have a slower connection – just be patient! πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

OK thanks for the tetests and feedback! For the moment we close the issue then. πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In