SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Trading Items

Topic: For Sale: Smashing Pumpkins CDs, Cassettes, Misc.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3,174 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tjackson80 tjackson80 9 years, 4 months ago.

On tjackson80 wrote:

Hello everyone.

I’m looking to sell off the majority of my Smashing Pumpkins collection. While there is much that I will be getting rid off, I am still holding onto a few particular items that are especially rare and/or near and dear to my heart. In other words, I’m not getting rid of Signed Subpop Tour Posters, test pressings, or demo tapes.

Some items are available on eBay, as seen here:

These are (Machina 2 UK Acetate Promo, Adore RIAA Award).

The list below, though extensive, does not have prices. The reason for this is that I want you to make me an offer. If that offer isn’t in the range I’m looking for, I’ll let you know how much I was thinking. Heck, if the offer is too high, odds are I’ll throw in free-shipping or chop it down for ya. However, if mountains of offers happen for one particular item, I’ll ebay that so as to avoid the annoyance of constant PM-ing.

I think that pretty much covers it. Remember the golden rule is make me an offer I can’t refuse… Trades are accepted but not likely, this is primarily a sale. I’m all about lithographs, rare concert posters, signed stuff, test pressings, white label promos, record awards, upshots of Ginger …etc. oh, sorry for the caps, it seemed to be an easy way of sectional notation. Also, links go to spfc whereever possible, otherwise they go to spfreaks.com.

For Sale items include; original bootleg cds (those old ones with ‘unique names’ and liner art)
B&P/Filler: There are also a few B&P items, which I just need to get rid of. If a buyer wants them too, I’ll throw ’em in complimentary. If no-one wants em, I’ll throw em out.
Non-TSP: I have some misc. crap which … will likely be filler along with those B&Ps for buyers … see the last section.

THIS POST WILL BE CONTINUED IN THIS THREAD. I WILL MAKE A NOTE WHEN THIS LIST IS CONCLUDED. FURTHER LISTS WILL HAVE THEIR OWN THREADS.

Sorry for the lousy BBCode. Dang HTML is disabled. Also … when deals are made with peoples, they will be listed here, and the line updates will be updated to indicate status change. This way, people know who is reliable and what items are available.

Profile photo of tjackson80
Participant
Participant
Participant
Participant
Participant
Participant
Participant
Participant
Participant
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Hey tjackson80, sorry to see you sell off your collection, man! It’s an amazing set of stuff! Must have taken ages to collect, I’m sure. Will be kinda painful to let it go, I guess…

However, as you seem to have made up your mind about selling it, I’m interested in the following:

Media America Up Close (98-42)
Batman & Robin Soundtrack / Unsealed / Japanese / WPCR-1139 / w/ obi strip
CMJ Certain Damage vol. 35 – Siva
No Alternative / Unsealed / US / 07822-18737-2 / Boy on cover
Adore JP in Cloth Bag

I’ll make you an offer later, as I’m off now on a little trip to our webmaster in Belgium.

PS1 The KROQ condom is not used, right? :wink:

PS2 to all members, tjackson80 forgot to mention that pics and info of PI & MCIS NL can be found here:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … S&item=216
http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … S&item=218

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Participant
On tjackson80 wrote:

Hey tjackson80, sorry to see you sell off your collection, man! It’s an amazing set of stuff! Must have taken ages to collect, I’m sure. Will be kinda painful to let it go, I guess…

However, as you seem to have made up your mind about selling it, I’m interested in the following:

I’ll make you an offer later, as I’m off now on a little trip to our webmaster in Belgium.
[/quote:48supj2n]

Hey Arthur, yeah it’s gonne be a little painful, but more of a relief as I no longer have the time and energy to put toward this hobby. If you’re off to see Thom send him my greetings and let him know I’m selling things off, he might be interested in stuff. Also, if he’s getting rid of anything especially rare, let me know. I’m not completely out of the hobby, but I don’t need things that aren’t of special interest. I’m still keeping one RIAA award and most of my posters and test pressings ;)

Talk to ya soon.
-tom

ps: yes the condom is unused ;)
pps: the post has been edited to contain links to the two NL CDs I was unaware were in spfreaks

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Hey Arthur, yeah it’s gonne be a little painful, but more of a relief as I no longer have the time and energy to put toward this hobby. If you’re off to see Thom send him my greetings and let him know I’m selling things off, he might be interested in stuff. Also, if he’s getting rid of anything especially rare, let me know. I’m not completely out of the hobby, but I don’t need things that aren’t of special interest. I’m still keeping one RIAA award and most of my posters and test pressings ;)

Talk to ya soon.
-tom[/quote:22u4bobm]

Firstly, I hope you could scan a few things (or take pics) before you say goodbye to them? For example your Adore Award is not SPfreaks yet… Secondly, it wasn’t Thom, but Bram, he joined the SPfreaks webmasters team recently. Thom has disappeared without leaving a trace… unfortunately!

pps: the post has been edited to contain links to the two NL CDs I was unaware were in spfreaks[/quote:22u4bobm]
I know, I know, we are way to big already! :wink:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:
pps: the post has been edited to contain links to the two NL CDs I was unaware were in spfreaks[/quote:3ni1cocr]
I know, I know, we are way to big already! :wink:[/quote:3ni1cocr]
Which is why i reckon we should have a keyword search on here!
I suggested it a while ago…

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Which is why i reckon we should have a keyword search on here!
I suggested it a while ago…[/quote:2lm5r2gd]
I know, and it’s a pretty good suggestion also, believe me. If you only knew what we are doing behind the screens these days… It’s not on top of our list now. However, looking up a specific CD in a specific country is still quite easy. Keyword search is mainly meant for the fields that are harder to find like matrix codes or individual descriptions per item.

Go here:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLINDEX&cat=3

Set Country to NL and/or set Title to Mellon Collie (by clicking on the drop-down button, then type M to jump to the M section), click "Apply Filter" button and voila! Either you get all NL CDs, or all known Mellon Collie CDs, or just Mellon Collie from NL if it exists.

You can also learn the whole Collection by head, which is what I did… :wink:

Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

tjackson, is that siamese dream promo like this?

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Participant
On tjackson80 wrote:

tjackson, is that siamese dream promo like this?

you say its got no liner means it got no stickers either? im looking for those stickered type[/quote:3oyo8whx]

yeah that’s it.
the lack of liner notes also means no stickers on the case, just the disc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In