SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: For the freakin’ country collectors: Zeitgeist CD by country

This topic contains 115 replies, has 12,606 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 6 years, 6 months ago.

On Arthur wrote:

Besides the bonustracks collectors, the Zeitgeist-by-color collectors, there are also collectors that want them ALL. Every country where the CD is produced, every sticker that is different, every obi that is available. Actually I’m 1 of them.

For your collecting pleasure I will try to list here all those different versions. In the end it will be the most comprehensive list of Zeitgeists ever produced, that will even put Wikipedia to shame. Sorry Wikipedia! I still love you! :D

Confirmed:

Promo version
==========
12 tracks in cardsleeve, manufactured in US (individually printed CD with receivers’ name)
12 tracks red in jewelcase, manufactured in US, JP, TH, AR
12 tracks yellow in jewelcase, manufactured in UK (or in EU, but released in UK)
12 tracks purple slipcase, manufactured in UK

Red version
========
12 tracks, manufactured in EU (2 types!), US, AU, JP (+ obi), MY, AR, HK, CA, KR, ID, BR, PH, TH, MX, SG

Red version Special Edition with 76 page book
================================
12 tracks, manufactured in US

Yellow version
==========
12 tracks, manufactured in EU (1 seller claims limited to 2000 copies only)
13 tracks, manufactured in EU, US (aka Best Buy version, with bonustrack Death From Above)

Green version
==========
12 tracks, manufactured in EU (aka HMV version, however 101CD sells it also)

Purple version
==========
12 tracks, manufactured in EU
13 tracks, manufactured in US (Target), EU (Muller Germany) (with bonustrack Zeitgeist)

Blue version
=========
13 tracks, downloadable in US (aka iTunes version, with bonustrack Stellar)
14 tracks, downloadable in EU, AU (aka iTunes version, with bonustracks Stellar & Zeitgeist)

Silver version (with 3 track bonus DVD)
===========================
18 tracks, manufactured in US (aka Best Buy re-release, with bonustracks Death From Above, Stellar, Ma Belle and a Documentary + the videos of Tarantula & That’s The Way (My Love Is) on the bonus DVD)

Unconfirmed:
==========
None at the moment

Who tracked down more releases? Post it please!

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Besides the bonustracks collectors, the Zeitgeist-by-color collectors, there are also collectors that want them ALL. Every country where the CD is produced, every sticker that is different, every obi that is available. Actually I’m 1 of them.

For your collecting pleasure I will try to list here all those different versions. In the end it will be the most comprehensive list of Zeitgeists ever produced, that will even put Wikipedia to shame. Sorry Wikipedia! I still love you! :D

Confirmed:

Red 12 track version, manufactured in EU, US, AU, TW (+ Taiwan only obi), JP (+ Japan only obi), MY, AR, HK

Yellow 13 track version (aka Best Buy version, with bonustrack Death From Above), manufactured in EU, US

Green 12 track version (aka HMV version, however 101CD sells it also), manufactured in EU

Purple 13 track version (aka Target version, with bonustrack Zeitgeist), manufactured in US

Blue 13 track version (aka iTunes version, with bonustrack Stellar), downloadable in US

Blue 14 track version (aka iTunes version, with bonustracks Stellar & Zeitgeist), downloadable in EU, AU

Unconfirmed:

Yellow 12 track version

Purple 12 track version

Who tracked down more releases? Post it please![/quote:1yjh2y5v]

Hi Arthur

I also am looking for all countries. I haven’t seen these yet, but I SUSPECT that Brazil, Canada, Mexico, and Italy MAY press Zeitgeist versions as well. But again, I haven’t seen anthing to suggest this, other than most of the past releases were released in these countries.

Also, we have to keep in mind the new label. No more Virgin. :( I guess the Pumpkins hated them in the end, but Virgin could promote the shit out of an album!!!

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-Z … dZViewItem

Check this out: Cat #: 9362499402

Different from yellow CD on SPFreaks. So, maybe yellow 12 trk DOES exist!!!???

I have one on order, maybe it will arrive soon and I’ll double check.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

I have a yellow and a purple 12 track, EU. Both were available in the UK.

There’s also a European version of the purple 13 track, available in Germany.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Thanks, list above is updated according your information and some things I found out myself.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

i just made scans of all my copies that aren’t on the site yet. the canadian one is included. it’s a 12-track red cover. the red is a bit brownish if you compare it to the other red covers (eu or japan, for example). i’ll mail them to you later today.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

i just made scans of all my copies that aren’t on the site yet. the canadian one is included. it’s a 12-track red cover. the red is a bit brownish if you compare it to the other red covers (eu or japan, for example). i’ll mail them to you later today.[/quote:yo5o1je0]
Thanks, they are being uploaded as we speak. Meanwhile we found the red South Korean release also. I have added a promo section also, as they appear also more and more. Japan and US for a start.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Red 12 track releases from Indonesia, Brazil & Philippines added to the list.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Wow! What country DIDN’T release Zeitgeist?

Also, are you sure TW has a CD for Zeitgeist? I can’t find one…

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Also, are you sure TW has a CD for Zeitgeist? I can’t find one…[/quote:37d5gs4r]
You’re right, it turned out it was the standard red release imported from the US if I remember well. I’ll withdraw it from the list in a second now. My contactperson in Taiwan however said they are awaiting the sales of Zeitgeist for a bit and then decide on releasing maybe a genuine Taiwan release, maybe in other colors (with bonustracks? he didn’t tell) also. But, I call that rumoured releases now. For the moment: NO TAIWAN. Snifff… another obi gone… :cry:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

LOL, I’m with ya. But hey, think of what you can do with the money you saved!!!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Before I forget, somebody pointed out to me by email this weekend that the Taiwanese book edition has sometimes a Taiwan only sticker on front. As far as I know this book edition is imported from US (like everywhere) so I’m not going to give it a separate entry. Hope you can agree. Also I’m not that much of a collecting freak that I’m going to buy it. For your information, it’s available on eBay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-Z … dZViewItem (don’t be mistaken, the promo cd mentioned is the actual Zeitgeist cd).

Other suppliers from Taiwan have this book edition also without the sticker.

Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

wow, i’m not even halfway collecting that! geezzz!!! you are over 20 now already, while some site (i’m not supposed to mention it i heard, don’t block me please :P ) is at 15 only, i don’t count that stupid i-tunes stuffs

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

i don’t count that stupid i-tunes stuffs[/quote:3d12k672] there seems to be a surprisingly high amount of itunes hatred here.
i dont like them either.
mainly because they allow bands to release singles, where you get one b-side on the cd, one on each of the two vinyls of it they release, and BOTH on the itunes version! (mcr, im looking at you…)
thank god for fan sites with free downloads! :D

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
i don’t count that stupid i-tunes stuffs[/quote:hmpox95u] there seems to be a surprisingly high amount of itunes hatred here.
i dont like them either.
mainly because they allow bands to release singles, where you get one b-side on the cd, one on each of the two vinyls of it they release, and BOTH on the itunes version! (mcr, im looking at you…)
thank god for fan sites with free downloads! :D[/quote:hmpox95u]

I actually like itunes for what it was intended for, you know, playing music on the ipod. but itunes on my computer as an audio player is a whole other story. everytime i open a new browser or an adobe file or anything that makes my computer "think", itunes gets all fuzzy. the REALLY bad part is that it doesn’t self recover. i usually have to restart the freaking song! it’s so annoying!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Thailand and Thailand promo is confirmed. List updated.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Thailand and Thailand promo is confirmed. List updated.[/quote:1i4j7tu1]

Awesome. Plus sucks. Now I have to find these as well!!!!!!!!!

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Add Mexico the the list please! Thanks!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Add Mexico the the list please! Thanks![/quote:2bz4s28q]
Done. Can I go to bed now please? It’s 01:45 here 8)

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
Add Mexico the the list please! Thanks![/quote:uvk2vq37]
Done. Can I go to bed now please? It’s 01:45 here 8)[/quote:uvk2vq37]

You are allowed to sleep until I find the MX Zeitgeist promo.

in my time of dying

to be more complete, the second EU red 12-track (sold in the UK as a Virgin exclusive) should also be added.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

to be more complete, the second EU red 12-track (sold in the UK as a Virgin exclusive) should also be added.[/quote:df1bk82h]
Cool As Ice Cream is referring to his contribution, which sneaked in the Collection here:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1825

It’s corrected above. Also added in the Collection tonight, with scans and info: Argentina and Indonesia. We have by now reached the number of 23 different types of Zeitgeist CD’s, with at least 4 more to come: US goldstamped promo, Thailand + promo and Mexico. Anybody got some Zeitgeist vinyl? Would be nice to have that also on the site!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Hmmm. For the moment I have to correct Thailand + promo coming in. The poor seller was kicked off eBay before the auction ended. Most probably because he made it too obvious it was a promo. However I did email with him a bit, he confirmed both the promo and the standard release, and I’m trying to reach him again. Kinda hard as I don’t know his personal email. So I know they exist, but they are not coming in (yet).

Update 2009-09-03: He reposted under a different name and I’m bidding on it now. Please… Humbly asking everyone here not to bid on it. 8)

Profile photo of Shannen
On Shannen wrote:

Wow that’s cool but I’m gonna be broke with all sort of versions they are releasing :(

I am-Shannen-I exist!
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

Wow that’s cool but I’m gonna be broke with all sort of versions they are releasing :([/quote:2i8jaq1l]
same here shannen, same here…

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In