SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: French MCIS CDs

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1,102 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of manillascissor manillascissor 8 years, 8 months ago.

On manillascissor wrote:

We already had a thread about this, but I can’t find it.

Anyway, I was going through my collection last night and found my NL MCIS (Printed in Holland on back insert) copy, which has a sticker that says Made in England (back of jewel case), and the CDs say Made in France.

This is the only release that I’ve ever seen that references three different countries.

Which copy do I own?????????????

in my time of dying
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

Which copy do I own?????????????[/quote:3sm13mon]

a very schizophrenic one :wink:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Europe at it’s integrated best… :wink:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

:lol:

Profile photo of Thom
On Thom wrote:

My possible explanations:
1) someone cobbled it together from 3 separate releases
2) the case broke and someone put a set that was already fr/nl into a random case they had lying around that was made in the UK
or 3) the pieces were made separately wherever it was cheapest, France for the discs, Holland for the inserts then it was assembled in the UK hence the made in the UK sticker.

Couldn’t tell you which though…

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Must be number 3: I also have a copy with cds that say \"made in France\", but artwork that says \"printed in Holland\". I guess this is how they all look like.

I think those small stickers that say \"made in England\" (or the similar small ones that say \"promo\") are ignorable. But that’s just me.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Must be number 3: I also have a copy with cds that say "made in France", but artwork that says "printed in Holland". I guess this is how they all look like.

I think those small stickers that say "made in England" (or the similar small ones that say "promo") are ignorable. But that’s just me.[/quote:1aq2yxdo]

I’m not so sure. My MCIS LP says Made in Great Britain or something. Some stickers are chit, others aren’t.

Like the BR promo Siamese Dream vinyl has a promo sticker in Portuguese? It’s the only thing that differentiates it from the normal release.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

It’s just that if two releases are identical, except for that one small sticker, I’m personally not really interested in it. You can collect all you want of course. ;) That is all.

My main point was that all French MCIS cds most likely come with artwork that says \"printed in Holland\". (See also the entry on spfreaks: http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1966)

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

It’s just that if two releases are identical, except for that one small sticker, I’m personally not really interested in it. You can collect all you want of course. ;) That is all.

My main point was that all French MCIS cds most likely come with artwork that says "printed in Holland". (See also the entry on spfreaks: http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1966)[/quote:1t9j1aqq]

I agree Bram, for the most part. I don’t pay attention to the stickers. That’s why I don’t collect any Israel releases, cause it’s just a sticker.

But then there are stickers made by the record company (see Indie top 20 vol. 16?). Which, I don’t know.

I guess I’m saying for the most part, they are meaningless, but I used discretion anyway.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I don’t pay attention to the stickers. That’s why I don’t collect any Israel releases, cause it’s just a sticker.[/quote:l8d6qifv]
What is exactly the difference between these 2 (both from my personal collection)? I like them very much to be honest, as they are both genuine and rare as f&*^$@#ck… It are the only I Am One cd promos I know… From Israel and from the UK.

Both stickered.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

For the Israeli ones, I just see it as some guy in Israel slapping some sticker on there. How would you know the difference?

But the UK one, that’s different, because it’s just like any other stickers I’ve ever seen issued by Hut, so it’s probably genuine.

There is no hard/fast rule about this. I think it comes down to the collector. I wouldn’t want either of those I Am One promos, for example.

in my time of dying

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In