SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: Fruit!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 796 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of blueczarina blueczarina 7 years, 10 months ago.

On blueczarina wrote:

If they say fruit is good for you, how come every time I eat it I become sick?
It’s usually only like a bananna or some thing and I will get a huge stomach ache.

any thought?

Just thought I try a new topic. :D

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

maybe you are allergic to something in them?

i can’t eat watermelon cause it makes my throat close up. :(

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Daysofthephoenix
On Daysofthephoenix wrote:

aww, I’m sorry, that’s one of the few fruits I can eat. Most others I can’t especially banannas, they make me throw up.

Guess, I have to go get some supplements then. :)

I have no clue if I’m allergic or not. It might be a slight reaction though.

Give me the disk, Angela.Somewhere in the world, Dongsoo Kim loves you...Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells.365 Days of Winter!!!
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

http://foodallergens.ifr.ac.uk/food.las … ted_food=5

here is some info on banana allergies. its kind of interesting.

Banana allergy can take two different forms: one associated with allergy to tree pollen, such as birch, and another type associated with latex allergy. People with birch-pollen allergy can develop symptoms either immediately or up to 1 hour after eating fresh banana or a banana-containing food. Symptoms comprise local reactions in the mouth and throat with itching and inflammation (called oral allergy syndrome, OAS).

Others develop banana allergy because of the similarity between the allergens in banana and natural rubber latex (e.g. gloves, condoms, balloons) a condition known as the latex-fruit syndrome. Symptoms developed by these individuals comprise generalized urticaria, abdominal pain, vomiting and sometimes life-threatening symptoms. These individuals often develop adverse reactions to chestnut, avocado, mango and kiwi. [/quote:2fe6p5et]

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer
On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

my husband has OAS he can’t eat any raw fruits or veggies. they make his throat itch really bad.

Profile photo of jawn till dusk
Participant
On jawn till dusk wrote:

thats his version of the story anyway! :lol:

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

haha :lol:

yeah, my little brother should use that excuse. to date he has never really eaten vegetables that weren’t potatoes/ fries and he is about to graduate high school. :lol:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In