SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: G.L.O.W ???

This topic contains 83 replies, has 8,014 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of blueczarina blueczarina 8 years, 7 months ago.

On blueczarina wrote:

Is this for real?.Maybe its a promo for the guitar thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-G … 286.c0.m14

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

SOB…I hate not having loot….
I WANT THAT SO BAD!!!!
You better bid on it Mayo- needs to be a part of the SPF collection :)

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

This is a real radio promo. Apparently some radio stations received a watermarked download (via Play MPE), others got this cd.

It hasn’t been confirmed if this is a cd-r or a silver cd. I think it’s a cd-r. The \"slim case\" looks just like the ones that come with cd-rs, and nothing like the cd cases they normally use for singles or promos.

My guess: cd-r + front insert, nothing more
I find it a bit weird that it is sealed and that it has such a sticker though…

I also think more of these will come on eBay later, so I’m not going to bid on this expensive first one.

A thought I just had: The promo probably doesn’t look like the promos we’re used to, because they haven’t been released by a record label.

On Anonymous wrote:

A thought I just had: The promo probably doesn’t look like the promos we’re used to, because they haven’t been released by a record label.[/quote:2zz82iiy]
that’s a good thought ;)

On Anonymous wrote:

now seeing that it doesn’t end for 5 days why on earth would anyone make that bidding go higher and higher…they all could have waited the day it ends to save themselves some $. That would be the smart thing to do

It’s eBay!

On Anonymous wrote:

It’s eBay![/quote:2gftrex8]
yeah I know, but imagine if these people would get a clue about bidding on a starting bid of 99 cents and wait til the last hour or less, then some items would be a little cheaper
things could be so much easier if I ruled the world..LOL
not really

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

i would like to have it, but cool as ice cream is right, there will be more.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

i would like to have it, but cool as ice cream is right, there will be more.[/quote:26iushwh]
Exactly. Those promos run into the hundreds normally, so we will all get our fair share. Just be patient.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

i want one of those too, but i will definitely wait. 91 bucks and 5 days to go. :shock:

We will laugh about this in a month, when eBay is flooded with $5 copies and nobody is buying them anymore.

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

hehe, that’s true. people need patience. :wink:

Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

can i get my $5 dollar copy now? :) jk, i can wait, plus then i will have b-day money and election work money. i love it when we have elections.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

its at $91 now. lol

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of EAZYE121
Participant
On EAZYE121 wrote:

[url:fiqilj27]http://cgi.ebay.com/Smashing-Pumpkins-GLOW-FRENCH-PROMO-CD_W0QQitemZ130261427169QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1049QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url:fiqilj27]

Quicker than we thought…. #2!!!

It looks the same as the other even though it says french. Probably all the same since there is no record label attached to the release (worldwide).

On Anonymous wrote:

now if anyone bids-wait it out….

Profile photo of ObscureD
On ObscureD wrote:

I think this promo cd is very rare because it’s like \"Muzzle\" or \"Drown\". These 2 singles have never been marketed.
I think there is only a handfull. Don’t you think ?

...Magnetic Happiness...

How rare it is depends on how many copies they make.

But maybe this is what you’re trying to say: This promo is more interesting than any other recent promo, because the song can’t be found anywhere else (yet). More people will want it, because they want GLOW on cd.
Compare that to a one-track promo cd for Tarantula or That’s the Way: only collectors are interested in those. People who want those songs on cd can buy or have bought Zeitgeist. They don’t see the point in buying the song again on a promo cd.

If GLOW would get a proper cd release, on a European single, or on a compilation cd somewhere, for example, I’m sure interest in this particular promo cd (cd-r?) will drop.

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

I think GLOW will be released as a European single.I think im going to try my luck on that frenchy one there.Aint going to bid much though.

Wonder how much people paid for a Tarantula promo cd when it first came out ? bought the EU/USA promos for a dollar each 10 months later after the official release date.

Profile photo of ObscureD
On ObscureD wrote:

But maybe this is what you’re trying to say: This promo is more interesting than any other recent promo, because the song can’t be found anywhere else (yet). More people will want it, because they want GLOW on cd.[/quote:2p9pqaz8]

Yes :) it’s my opinion

...Magnetic Happiness...
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

I asked the seller who is selling the \"French one \" its the same as the US one.So 2 Glow cds in 2 days on Ebay.I think we will see this item many times on ebay in the future.

I hope so.

The extremely high price for the first one might convince more people to put their copy on eBay. (People who don’t want to go to the trouble for $5, but that are interested in a possible $100.) This would be a good thing for us, the buyers. Because the more copies on eBay, the cheaper the price will be.

Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

I might bid on it… i’ll wait of course

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!

That’s probably what everyone in this thread is thinking…

Aw, forget it. I’ll wait for the next one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In