SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: Get all your vinyl in one shot!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 1,971 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of manillascissor manillascissor 7 years, 11 months ago.

On manillascissor wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Smashing-Pumpkins-V … 3efa208421

in my time of dying
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

siva 12” peach? wtf? :shock: i never heard of that one. but im a newbie.

and machina 12”peach and machina 12”green? it seems like these are actually official.
[url:2iwmbhkf]http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLINDEX&cat=2[/url:2iwmbhkf]
what they call peach, i would call red, based off the picture in the database. but calling the other one green, makes sense. im looking at mine right now. it’s more like a dark grayish with a faint green tone.

and there’s an unnumbered strange fruit 10”, and a SD 12” purple tp. 8)

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

i bet the price on this set is going to be sky high. :wink:

Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

25 bids in the first 5 hours

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

i bid 100 just to be part of the process. :P

anyway, i think the siva peach is wrong. the colored machinas are obviously referring to the bootlegs.

the only thing i’m mildly interested in is that colored siamese dream test press, but judging from how this person put the rest together, i’m going to just consider that a mistake as well. oh yeah, and the unnumbered strange fruit 10\".

maybe we could at least get some pictures of said items. :)

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

i messaged them, asking for some pics of the t/p and 10\".

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Never trust a seller with this feedback. :P

Seller info
officialspmemorabilia ( 0 )

Typically not when the seller is trying to sell this:

5 x x x x x x (wtf?)

But anyway, these boxes are included too, I guess, which is not bad on the other hand! :lol:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Ah, got it.

On Nov-12-09 at 19:12:14 PST, seller added the following information:

Item #42 – Tristessa 1990 Subpop 7\" has been signed by Jimmy Chamberlin in addition to the signatures by D’arcy, James, and Billy. Item #5 is not actually an item and the count total is actually 57 vinyls.

But where is the I Am One Dutch 10\"? :lol:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I’m curious who \"donated\" this, and what did they get in return? HMMMMM?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

It’s a hell of a donation anyway, that’s for sure. The only thing that confuses me is why they don’t mention that the EMI Machina thingies are bootlegs? Because they are, are they? some pumpkins thinks they are official?

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

yeah, there are some typos/mistakes in the description. kinda sloppy.

i wonder how the auction will do though. i kind of have the feeling that most people who are interested in these must already have most of them. this auction only seems interesting for people who are really into autographs and/or don’t have much vinyl yet, but are aiming for a complete sp vinyl collection.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

yeah, there are some typos/mistakes in the description. kinda sloppy.

i wonder how the auction will do though. i kind of have the feeling that most people who are interested in these must already have most of them. this auction only seems interesting for people who are really into autographs and/or don’t have much vinyl yet, but are aiming for a complete sp vinyl collection.[/quote:1guhjws1]

yeah, if sold as a lot, which it is currently, it won’t fetch near as much as if sold individually. but whatever.

WHO DONATED THIS!!!!!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Why dont i see the Machina II vinyl set on the picture? :P

Nice set of vinyls for sure. 8)

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

It’s a hell of a donation anyway, that’s for sure. The only thing that confuses me is why they don’t mention that the EMI Machina thingies are bootlegs? Because they are, are they? some pumpkins thinks they are official?[/quote:cdsubisq]

i didn’t think that they would put boot vinyls in the auction. so i just assumed. i should never assume.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
It’s a hell of a donation anyway, that’s for sure. The only thing that confuses me is why they don’t mention that the EMI Machina thingies are bootlegs? Because they are, are they? some pumpkins thinks they are official?[/quote:2rrkyvqk]

i didn’t think that they would put boot vinyls in the auction. so i just assumed. i should never assume.[/quote:2rrkyvqk]

Yeah, the Machina picture disc is a bootie as well.

And they are claiming 8 singles per Siamese Singles boxset. 3X over. So many errors.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

So many errors.[/quote:14a3xpo2]
All Smashing Pumpkins material should be sent to Derek first, and he should run the SP eBay account. Derek for Auction President! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

WHO DONATED THIS!!!!![/quote:1i1yuep5]
From SP.com

"Inspired by the story of our friend Laura Ann Masura – whose benefit concert Billy played this past weekend with Mark and Kerry – a devoted Pumpkins fan reached out wanting to help. Aaron Crow of Dallas, TX has donated his entire beloved SP vinyl collection in a effort to raise even more money to help Laura Ann with her mounting medical costs. This collection is remarkable and one of the most well-rounded out there. It contains just about every Pumpkins vinyl release – both domestic and international – and even has a couple of signed pieces. Billy also signed another one himself to add to the collection."

When this vinyl collection, which consists of 50-something official pieces, is already descibed as "one of the most well-rounded out there", how should we call Derek’s 84-piece collection then? :lol:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
So many errors.[/quote:2q10h7hr]
All Smashing Pumpkins material should be sent to Derek first, and he should run the SP eBay account. Derek for Auction President! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:2q10h7hr]

This would be grand. However, I’ll settle for second place, meaning: I just emailed the PMM and he said he’ll take an updated, corrected list by me and post it on SP.com. Only problem is, I need someone to actually be looking at the records to pull this off, because there are just too many errors on the list.

It’s worth a shot I suppose.

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
WHO DONATED THIS!!!!![/quote:a6cvqx4n]
From SP.com

"Inspired by the story of our friend Laura Ann Masura – whose benefit concert Billy played this past weekend with Mark and Kerry – a devoted Pumpkins fan reached out wanting to help. Aaron Crow of Dallas, TX has donated his entire beloved SP vinyl collection in a effort to raise even more money to help Laura Ann with her mounting medical costs. This collection is remarkable and one of the most well-rounded out there. It contains just about every Pumpkins vinyl release – both domestic and international – and even has a couple of signed pieces. Billy also signed another one himself to add to the collection."

When this vinyl collection, which consists of 50-something official pieces, is already descibed as "one of the most well-rounded out there", how should we call Derek’s 84-piece collection then? :lol:[/quote:a6cvqx4n]

And it’s still growing. If I could make to 100, that would be awesome. :D

But hats off to Aaron for donating. Very remarkable thing to do.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

But hats off to Aaron for donating. Very remarkable thing to do.[/quote:7aql6in7]

Indeed.Very cool of him.So many rareities in that collection. 8)

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

cool donation!!! > superb!!!

i’m sorry: but the description is AWFUL and SHODDY!!!—
and: to even include bootleg pressings!!!—
i’m sorry: that just doesn’t do justice to the gesture and the charity and all, as far as i am concerned…
this is just: *cringe*

nonetheless: it’s quite a nice vinyl lot though…

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

i wrote to sp.com about the bootlegs. hopefully it will be updated. i mean, it’s no biggie to include them, i just think people should know that they are not official.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

i wrote to sp.com about the bootlegs. hopefully it will be updated. i mean, it’s no biggie to include them, i just think people should know that they are not official.[/quote:k4vda4q3]

of course: well done.
i did the same.

if and when and where an auction is ‘officially’ sanctioned and/or promoted and/or made (more) public, plus: as this auction is even put forward/featured ‘officialy’ by TSP, the info just needs to be totally accurate…

this is not excuse this listing with obvious mistakes and all… but!:
the band, BC, people working at TSP.com and all…
they just don’t have the information ready, don’t know…

of course: they could just check with SPFreaks.com and get the right info!!!…
they did not. they did not before. even: before SPFreaks.com. they did not check with SPFC.org or DA’s discography.

basically:
– ignorance
– slopppy work

therefore: thanks to see there are people like you too around, taking to effort to let them know the ‘facts’ and to set the record straight…:)

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

set the record straight…:)[/quote:1mrsc80n]

PUN of the YEAR. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Kudos to you too.

in my time of dying

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In