SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: Jimmy Chamberlin leaves Smashing Pumpkins

This topic contains 212 replies, has 17,589 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer last_rose_of_summer 8 years, 5 months ago.

On last_rose_of_summer wrote:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/pages/n … mment_form

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

What the fuck ??? Am i dreaming, if so i hope im goin to awake soon, goddamn why did he leave???? :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SO this is the end ? I cant believe Billy is going on his own and call it Smashing Pumpkins. :cry:

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

i don’t understand this? :shock: i feel like the sky is falling. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

is there a offical announcement from JC himself ?

On blueczarina wrote:

i don’t know. :( i don’t know what to think. :( i feel like i came home to find out that the band i loved died. :cry:

Profile photo of last_rose_of_summer

it doesn’t feel right, bc and jc are partners. maybe it will only be temporary? i feel sad.

On blueczarina wrote:

god i hope so. :( i feel super sad too.

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Man im sooooo fucking sad right now, i want to cry. :cry: :cry: :cry:

they should not have posted that until they were ready to give a reason. unless they wanted to sit back and read everyone’s panicky comments. but that is cruel.

On blueczarina wrote:

this is cruel and i am teary eyed. :cry:

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

This is the end i think.Billy will probo record a few songs and then realize this aint worth wasting time on anymore.

I cant beleive this, im beyond shocked!!!

On blueczarina wrote:

i think so. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

I need a hug. :cry:

On blueczarina wrote:

me too :cry:

i’ll send you a virtual one

*hug*

On blueczarina wrote:

i guess JCC is being resurrected.

http://jimmychamberlincomplex.com/blog/?m=20090308

i feel numb and physically ill. my work weekend is going to suck. :oops: i’m truly physically ill from this. :oops:

Profile photo of toad32r
Participant
On toad32r wrote:

I feel sick right now

Ribbit...Toad-----------------Toads are really underated!!
On blueczarina wrote:

i know the feeling. this can’t be the end though and it looks like we have JCC maybe to look forward too. i don’t know. i’m sure some clarification will follow.

i’m probably just going to break away from all of this and get some sleep. and like niteshyft said this crap has happened before. and you know last time Jimmy left we got Adore. i don’t know. :|

and you know BC/ JC have split and reunited before too.

i just wish Jimmy all the best and i look forward to some more JCC and whatever Billy has up his sleeve.

Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

Wait.

What?

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

so thinking about this further..I’m so sad about this, BUT maybe this will drive some really kick ass songs out of Billy!!!

Profile photo of ObscureD
On ObscureD wrote:

Permettez moi de m’exprimer en français… Les Smashing c’est fini… Et c’est fini pour moi aussi…
Je pense que Billy peut changer le nom de son groupe car ça ne rime plus à rien maintenant…

...Magnetic Happiness...
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

:shock:

I don’t know what to say… I’m VERY VERY sad! :( :cry:

Can’t wait to hear the reason also, I can only hope this is a sick, ugly, awful, not-funny pre-April Fools Day joke… :shock:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

i remember in an interview billy said the band will not go away as an emotional entity until we are dead. i wonder what he meant by \"emotional entity\" that’s what makes me think jimmy could possibly be leaving only for a little while to work on the complex. but if that is the case they should say so instead of jerking us around. i dunno.

maybe jimmy already recorded his parts and now billy is going to go back and work with that? ugh who knows? :(

http://www.thepumpkins.net/mp3/xm_artis … Part_5.mp3

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

:( I don’t believe the official SP site would make a joke of this size. PMM’s posted on HU that it’s not a joke of any kind.

Well, the way I see it is I’m in for the long haul: The band and their art have given me years of pleasure and I’m sure many more to come, in whichever form.

Billy Corgan will likely always create and I’d imagine Jimmy C. wouldn’t all-out ditch his friend.

Unlikely, but I always hope for some kind of re-linking in years to come, of all the ‘original members.’

Imho, best to raise a glass to each and every one of those who have/had anything to do with The Smashing Pumpkins; giving our support where possible for the long-term.

While the boat’s in water, it can always sail, right? Keeping hopeful anyway, spent too much of my life with SPs in it to shrug and walk away.

A sad and bizarrely beautiful time…

~ Salutes to Jimmy. ~

:)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

A sad and bizarrely beautiful time…

~ Salutes to Jimmy. ~

:)[/quote:a4juhlcb]
Yeah…

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
On blueczarina wrote:

nicely stated Dazey :wink:

and on the emotional entity maybe he meant the conection that people share over the SP and the profound impact it has and will continue to have- i don’t know. i just hope that some day they will reunite again too- afterall once a pumpkin always a pumpkin…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In