SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: General

Topic: Joe Shanahan’s First Smashing Pumpkins Demo Tape

This topic contains 9 replies, has 923 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sven Sven 5 years ago.

On Sven wrote:

The SPfreaks Team
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

coolio!
who dug that one up? or how did these pictures come about?

i assume the live tracks are from the avalon show. right?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

i assume the live tracks are from the avalon show. right?[/quote:1708tbld]
My guess also.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

coolio!
who dug that one up? or how did these pictures come about?

i assume the live tracks are from the avalon show. right?[/quote:nf6voxbp]

i think that is joe’s hand holding the tape from outside the metro last night. geo snagged the pics. i don’t know where the songs come from, but i guess that makes sense.

in my time of dying

wasn’t this tape supposed to contain tracks that nobody else knew about?
i guess not!

or am i mixing up with another tape? i thought it was joe’s tape.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Must be another tape, I guess. I read \"5 song demo\" on the tape Joe is showing, and the tracklist is 5 songs, so I presume there are no \"hidden\" fillers…

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

i’m not talking about unlisted tracks.
i’m talking about what this tape was supposed to be. until now, we had no idea what tracks were on this \"first demo tape\" owned by joe s. of the metro. but we’ve heard about it. and one of the things that were said, is that it contained tracks that weren’t out there. now it becomes clear that that was false information.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yup. But at least we have another tape we can register in our database. When will Joe start using our MyCollection feature for his collection (and update us with pics of things we do not have online yet :wink: )?

Profile photo of geofolkers
On geofolkers wrote:

Super cool guy. I asked to see Machina II.,he said hed go try to dig it out. He came back with this :) said Machina II was in a box somewhere and this was the first tape sp had givin him :)

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

i’m not talking about unlisted tracks.
i’m talking about what this tape was supposed to be. until now, we had no idea what tracks were on this "first demo tape" owned by joe s. of the metro. but we’ve heard about it. and one of the things that were said, is that it contained tracks that weren’t out there. now it becomes clear that that was false information.[/quote:30axqrk4]

it does exist.

i have seen it and some more.

there are indeed totally unknown songs there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In