SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: live earth, environment (un)friendly?

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3,238 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Superlordspamulon Superlordspamulon 9 years, 8 months ago.

On Superlordspamulon wrote:

hi again. while i’m browsing i’m also watching/listening to the live earth stream, hopefully they broadcast pumpkins hahaha! but can you think of all that energy they waste on the shows, the broadcast, the 2 billion tv’s and pc’s that are tuned on the show? well, i wouldn’t judge it, but think of it…

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Profile photo of Superlordspamulon

exactly – it’s quite ironic
the amount they raise to help the environment is probably less than the amount it would cost to take back the damage inflicted

So apparently I don't post very often these days
Profile photo of bleedingtheorchid
On BleedingTheOrchid wrote:

yeah exactly! that crossed my mind also! are you watching now also?

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanlinessAnd cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like meIntoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness

not until pumpkins come on :lol:
do you know which one they play on is? (australia, japan, china etc.)
until they come on, it’s 24/7 pumpkins on AOL radio! :D

i’m looking for ya, hold on… i switched on messenger alert, but it didnt say when and where…

dont worry, i found it – it says they’re playing in U.S, so i guess i have to watch that feed

yeah true, us, i guessed you knew that already… but i wanna know the exact time also, but it’s not on here http://liveearth.msn.com/artists/smashingpumpkins and here’s the stream http://entimg.msn.com/i/ExperienceData/ … 77c597c4ab but nowhere to be found so far the local US time when exactly they play… aaaarghh!!

it’s 9-9:20 i believe
wait – wait – wait…
what time is it in the states?
because i get the feeling im gonna have to stay up to midnight :shock:

it’s 9-9:20 i believe[/quote:1dl87wfl]
what? only 20 minutes? too short! where did you find that? thanks anyway

i found it on the pumpkins official website…
i believe all/most artists get 20 minutes
maybe pumpkins will hark back to the old days
20 minute silverfuck…
you know you want it :wink:

yeah, you’re right. just found it also, but not on their website, but on their myspace profile. check this out superlord: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … =285006795 and from there you can go to http://www.liveearth.org/broadcast.php#searchdevice . on the blogreactions i read somewhere it will be 02:00 irish/british summertime something. you don’t happen to be around there, are ya? if so, take some hot coffee hahahaha! :lol: and you want silverfuck? i want gossamer!

hey guys, don’t do updates all the time while I’m having a conversation here, come on! :evil:

hey guys, don’t do updates all the time while I’m having a conversation here, come on! :evil:[/quote:ps98zncx]
agreed!
anyways… silverfuck, gossamer, who cares as long as they waste their entire set on one song!

agreed! anyways… silverfuck, gossamer, who cares as long as they waste their entire set on one song![/quote:3cnm1p3e]
hahahaha! i just heard from a friend they played 40 minutes versions of Gossamer on the last Asheville shows, it wouldn’t even fit in the 20 minutes they got… i’ll go with ya on the silverfuck then. again, you’re not in the us right superlord?

nah, im in the uk :)

got a can of strong hot coffee to hold on? :lol:

haha no….
im watching edward scissorhands… keeping my brain active :)
it’s good enough for me :)

yeah… noticed sp is already mentioned on the stream of usa new york? 25 minutes only :D

haha wish it were more…
watching it right now…
nasa rocket scientist :lol:
*cue rocket gag*

1. united states! coooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!! (short version)
2. bullet with butterfly wings! and billy looks very nervous :shock:
3. tarantula! rock on!
billy is sick, his voice is kinda bad… poor billy!
4. today

well, jeff enjoyed himself, jimmy is a pro, but billy’s voice… awww

4. Today! (i almost let out a yay when i heard the opening notes – remember it’s 2am here, and all my family is asleep :lol: )
awesome!
\"we’d like to play our new song, tuhruhntoolah\"
hahahaha!
(i hope that isnt an accent thing… :S)

and that zzzzzzzzzzzeitgeist accent… i forgive you billy, i guess you were sick! great set anyway!!!!

Profile photo of Satur999
On Satur999 wrote:

im blind im blind… I sat thru hours and hours of live earth and came upstairs and missed the whole pumpkin set… woe is me… oh and you guys are right on about all the energy or whatev it took to put the whole thing on… did you notice the box of cans or bottles people were passing around… heehee weird

When you are with everyone but me, you're with no one. When you are with no one but me, you're with everyone. Instead of being so bound up with everyone be everyone. When you become that many, you're nothing. Empty.

someone had BETTER have ripped it!
i wanna watch it again/get it on my psp! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q … rch=Search

yay!

Profile photo of Satur999
On Satur999 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=smashing+pumpkins+live+earth&search=Search

yay![/quote:cdiad2up]
yay …. thanks supadupa
lil bill looks kinda gangsta

When you are with everyone but me, you're with no one. When you are with no one but me, you're with everyone. Instead of being so bound up with everyone be everyone. When you become that many, you're nothing. Empty.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=smashing+pumpkins+live+earth&search=Search

yay![/quote:1013p5gb]
yay …. thanks supadupa[/quote:1013p5gb]
no problem at all :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In