SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Philosophical Forum

Topic: Love

This topic contains 123 replies, has 16,489 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anonymous Anonymous 8 years, 3 months ago.

On confuciousconfusing wrote:

Does it really exist? Or is it just chemicals?

in my time of dying
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

love, i would like to belive that it is more than just chemicals……………….

but sometimes i just don’t know.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

we have only just a piece of love. The real love is still waiting to be unlocked with a mysterious key we can’t find yet…
I don’t know…good question
Love is giving up your seat to an SP show to someone you LOVE, to get a shitty seat

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

Love is giving up your seat to an SP show to someone you LOVE, to get a shitty seat[/quote:35mwiftq]

but what about your love for Billy. :P :lol:

i know silliness, sorry manilla. :wink:

Profile photo of Im a Cult Hero
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

I don’t understand the question,

\"Does it really exist? Or is it just chemicals?\"

It still exists if it’s just chemicals, I don’t see how that lessens it tbh, everything we feel and experience is a series of chemical reactions imo.

On Anonymous wrote:

so we are one big chemical reaction…lol..at least we’re not nuclear-at least not that we know of….
my Billy love will be there if I get a better seat. :)
Loves has us do stupid things

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

You are right Cult, we are nothing but chemical reactions. I guess my question lies therein, does \"love\" actually exist outside of chemicals.

Let’s say you see an attractive female (in my case). Well, you are programmed to have certain reactions in your body. A few of those are flushed skin, increased heartrate, butterflies, whatever.

But after you get over the intial lust, and a relationship develops, what is truly keeping two people together? Intangible \"love\"? Or is it a subconcious comfort level. Or a fear to find another. A complacency. Or a mutual bouncing back and forth of responsiblity. Or trust.

Maybe all these things are just lumped under one word: love.

in my time of dying
On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

Those things (possibly all together at the same time?) could explain that kind of love, but what of family members? Friends? Certain rock stars? ;)

But after you get over the intial lust, and a relationship develops, what is truly keeping two people together? Intangible "love"? Or is it a subconcious comfort level. Or a fear to find another. A complacency. Or a mutual bouncing back and forth of responsiblity. Or trust.
[/quote:17axqltp]

i think after the inital lust, the "love" that grows is a respect and knowing of a person. that the other person can make you happy when you are the most down, that one smile from them can make you smile. a warm feeling in your tummy when you see them. even after the lust has worn off.

Those things (possibly all together at the same time?) could explain that kind of love, but what of family members? Friends? Certain rock stars?
[/quote:17axqltp]

i think a love of family is the closeness and familerness. a rock star, now that is maybe a hero type of love? respecting that person for what they do, or what they bring to your life. i also think that girl boy love is also partly that, not the hero part but the what they bring to your life part.

now love for children, i think that is a bond kind of love.

i have to finish this later, the cat is trying to move the kittens.

On Anonymous wrote:

Well as for the lust part, we all have it in us all the time, we just know how to control it as we get older, but it does come out when we have our hot and heavy moments with our special somebody. You just have more to think about the older you get so the lust gets tucked under…

Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

Love always starts with some kind of lust; physical attraction is the key in the beginning, no matter what anyone says. It can’t evolve, however, without some kind of mentally intimate contact.

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit

but what about the love that grows from knowing someone and then the lust follows, has happened to me before.

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

I disagree lust doesn’t have to come first, or even early in a relationship at all IMO.
In fact I believe sometimes it is one of the last things to appear in some relationships.
In my own experience, I have casually dated people I wasn’t really physically attracted to, neither of us really wanting anything serious, but of course, you can’t plan these things, and I ended up head over heels, and I certainly lusted after them then! ;)

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

but what about the love that grows from knowing someone and then the lust follows, has happened to me before.[/quote:3eua1zau]

We posted almost the same thoughts at the same time :P

I disagree lust doesn’t have to come first, or even early in a relationship at all IMO.
In fact I believe sometimes it is one of the last things to appear in some relationships.
In my own experience, I have casually dated people I wasn’t really physically attracted to, neither of us really wanting anything serious, but of course, you can’t plan these things, and I ended up head over heels, and I certainly lusted after them then! ;)[/quote:1nye3d5p]

yeah that’s what i was kinda saying, but we posted just a minute apart, so we were kinda saying the same thing. lol

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

that can only mean one thing:

you two are in love!

in my time of dying

hahahaha :lol: :lol:

*serious face*no.

*unless cult hero is really christian bale* :wink:

just great minds think alike silly.

On blueczarina wrote:

:lol:

On Im a Cult Hero wrote:

No, but I am Batman :P

well, i dunno then, but i do like batman.

ok enough derailment, get back to the discussion!

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Nietsche, here he is again, said a few things about love, I wished I had thought of it.

\"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.\"

\"Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not\"

\"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.\"

\"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.\"

\"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil.\"

And the lesser mind of me thinks that love for another person in a relationship has to do with some selfishness & sharing, being compensated by the other for missing character elements in one selfs personality, intense sex after a fight instead of casual, clumsy sex doing a one nighty, and the ability to be silent with each other for hours too, without having that disturbed feeling. Feeling proud for the other person when he/she is passionately busy with a hobby. Look each other in the eye with understanding, and know that you both think about the upcoming delivery of the baby, or same kinda things. To me, love is not that everlasting feeling that permanently protects you like a warm coat in winter, but it’s the string of moments that make the balance go to the right side most of the times.

And I couldn’t care less if it were just chemicals or something. It’s there, and it’s sweet to have those moments I described before. Then, I think, I can describe a bit what love is, for me. Trying at least. :roll:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Marcella
On Marcella wrote:

Now that I’ve read bullet’s and cult hero’s points of view I realize you’re right; didn’t think of that before.

Fevrale dostat chernil i plakatPisat O Fevrale navsnrydPoka grohochushaya slyakotVesnoyu charnoyu gorit
On Anonymous wrote:

Bullet’s right about lust it can come later.. I am finding myself starting to lust over Billy pic’s in our special Billy forum.
Thanks ladies-I didn’t know I had it in me for this guy…it will go away

On blueczarina wrote:

Bullet’s right about lust it can come later.. I am finding myself starting to lust over Billy pic’s in our special Billy forum.
Thanks ladies-I didn’t know I had it in me for this guy…it will go away[/quote:1mfip21e]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On Anonymous wrote:
Thanks ladies-I didn’t know I had it in me for this guy…it will go away[/quote:d7esaa09]

:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:d7esaa09]
why so many laughs? :lol:
no confidence in my lustiness to go away? just post a bad picture and it will…lol
Then I’ll be back to no lust

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In