SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: Machina II UK 4 cd set on eBay

This topic contains 20 replies, has 1,842 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 8 years, 7 months ago.

On Arthur wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0141006492

Far from mint condition, if you ask me… :roll:

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

yeah, but its still goin to sell for a high price.200, 300 bucks, maybe ?

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Not necessarily. I’ve seen some of these go for $150-175. (And they looked better than this set.)

Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

those would be cooler if they were less grubby :roll: i like to keep all of my CDs to be clean.

when i’m sad, i like to lick my rarest cds. so yeah, fingerprints are gross!

just kidding.

haha, this reminds me, once i was at a second hand record store and one of the customers suddenly started licking a record he just took out of the sleeve.
the lady of the store said: \"hey, stop that! you’ve been doing this before and other customers have been complaining about it. it’s gross. and why would you lick it in the first place?!? and you’ve never bought anything here. you just come in to lick records and scare away people.\"
and he said: \"i know what you’re doing! you’re treating the records with product, so they look shinier than they really are. i can taste it!\"
and the lady said: \"hell no, why would we do that? get the fuck out!\"
and then he went out of the store. true story.

On blueczarina wrote:

WTF? :lol:

my thoughts exactly.

On blueczarina wrote:

that is pretty retarded. people can be so weird.

i had forgotten about this lovely story until today. i just ignored it at the time, because it was so awkward.

On blueczarina wrote:

it is pretty awkward, especially seeing it. i wouldn’t know what to say.

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

when i’m sad, i like to lick my rarest cds. so yeah, fingerprints are gross!

just kidding.

haha, this reminds me, once i was at a second hand record store and one of the customers suddenly started licking a record he just took out of the sleeve.
the lady of the store said: "hey, stop that! you’ve been doing this before and other customers have been complaining about it. it’s gross. and why would you lick it in the first place?!? and you’ve never bought anything here. you just come in to lick records and scare away people."
and he said: "i know what you’re doing! you’re treating the records with product, so they look shinier than they really are. i can taste it!"
and the lady said: "hell no, why would we do that? get the fuck out!"
and then he went out of the store. true story.[/quote:z8gm1oae]

best post in awhile. :D

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Pipoka
On Pipoka wrote:

that story is really unbelivable! :lol:

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

wow, that’s quite the story. How awkward, did you laugh a little at the time?

Profile photo of Thom
On Thom wrote:

That was me. And they WERE using a product to make the records shinier!!!

On blueczarina wrote:

were they at least tasty Thom?

wow, that’s quite the story. How awkward, did you laugh a little at the time?[/quote:1aey12ex]
Yes, I giggled quietly.

Profile photo of tiny
Participant
On tiny wrote:

Those smudges I believe are ink smudges, not caused by water or anything else. I believe they were caused during printing or soon after before the ink had dried.

I say this as a few of my UK CDR acetate pumpkins promo’s have a similar markings and the ink appears to have been smudged either by the print head or placing the copies on top of each other before they had dried.

Profile photo of Thom
On Thom wrote:

I also have a few like that, smudged ink too. That said you can see some ring wear and other stuff going on here too.

Do you think it’s ink? I thought it was toner. (From a laser printer, instead of a inkjet printer.)

I think it’s normal that toner starts sticking to the plastic after a while. (In this case it has nothing to do with putting the inserts in the plastic sleeves while the ink is still wet. It just happens after a while.)

Profile photo of Tion
On Tion wrote:

i still need this for my collection, but the pics look so grubby :?

everything is perfect in disco- town.
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I also have a few like that, smudged ink too. That said you can see some ring wear and other stuff going on here too.[/quote:29cmwkaq]
One can see clearly on the top right cd that the ink/toner marks have been caused by inserting the inner paper in at least 2 ways. The Virgin logo is copied onto the plastic sleeve on the top right while the ink/toner was not dry yet. For the rest it’s mainly some wrinkles in the paper, so the whole set looks OK to me. Not by any means "mint" but just OK. Still worthwhile buying I guess.

And the seller is rather honest about it too, as you probably noticed.

"The 3 eps have a few light marks,excellent to excellent+ condition.The album has some marks,plays fine,excellent- to excellent condition.The sleeves have a few grubby fingerprints but excellent+ condition"

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In