SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: @ manilla: the eagle will lift off… tomorrow.

This topic contains 43 replies, has 4,248 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arthur Arthur 7 years, 11 months ago.

On Arthur wrote:

Let me know when it has landed.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

roger that. will send out return eagle upon arrival.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Lift off for today is confirmed, now definitive. The quest of the eagle has begun.

Let’s wish him a safe and pleasant flight. 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I love your eagles. However, he is fat, let’s hope he can make it across the Atlantic okay.

Sidenote, you get my latest e-eagles? More to come, just want to make sure you’re getting them before I send more. :?:

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Those 4 eagles have landed, giving them a warm nest as we speak.

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

Get a room, you two!

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Get a room, you two![/quote:1azpv0zc]

Just what i thought :lol:

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of doubtful-della
On Doubtful-Della wrote:

I prefer hawks

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

The worlds’ legends speak of eagles, sorry.

The Eagle Has Landed

On July 16, 1969, three men and a support staff of thousands begin the world’s greatest adventure: an attempt to successfully land a man on the moon and return him safely again to earth. It was the fulfillment of President John F. Kennedy’s ambitious decade-long goal for a nation struggling to keep ahead in the space race against the Russians. The mission was Apollo 11.

On July 20, while Michael Collins lingered aboard the Columbia command module in lunar orbit, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin headed for the surface in the lunar lander, known as Eagle. With the fuel supply dwindling, Eagle pilot Neil Armstrong realized that the computerized trajectory was sending them toward a field of boulders. He overrode the computer controls, setting the lander down on the lunar shore with 15 seconds’ worth of fuel to spare. The Eagle had landed.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

I prefer hawks[/quote:2g40ilbj]

for me, any raptor will do.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

Get a room, you two![/quote:13508vyo]

they should :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile photo of doubtful-della
On Doubtful-Della wrote:

Cool info on the term. I knew the lunar landing, but that was it. I know Eagles are used as a symbol of power all over and all throughout time

Profile photo of Superlordspamulon
On Superlordspamulon wrote:

for me, any raptor will do.[/quote:28xpqtns]

So apparently I don't post very often these days
On blueczarina wrote:

:lol:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
for me, any raptor will do.[/quote:3pmy1tpt]

[/quote:3pmy1tpt]

AWESOME. :lol: 8)

in my time of dying

I read that book when I was a kid (it was translated in Dutch). And later I watched the movie.

I thought that was an awesome book. I read a couple of other books from the same author afterwards. I was such a big reader when I was little.

On blueczarina wrote:

I was such a big reader when I was little.[/quote:1lnzlyfl]

but are you a big reader now that you are big? :lol:

not really. i like to read and i read everything i see, including the milk box. but i’m not really reading much books lately. and most of the books i read are by the same author.

On blueczarina wrote:

i like to read too i just don’t have time to read what i want to most of the time because of school. and when i do have time i’m usually to burnt out for the same reason- school. :roll:

like now. i wanted to read some Dostoevsky over break, but i’m too Russia-d out now. literally a few minutes ago i finally wrapped up my 50 pages worth of papers due this week on various Russia related topics including two super long assed term papers- 20 pages. :roll:

but anyway- a little moment of bitching- what is the one author you read Ice Cream? :wink:

oh, and Manilla- who is this emo kid screaming in your new avatar pic? :P

but anyway- a little moment of bitching- what is the one author you read Ice Cream? :wink:[/quote:3osf7j6o]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Brusselmans

Profile photo of Thom
On Thom wrote:

Seems like he puts out about 2 books a year, he must be a busy bee. I was going to recommend a list of books I love but to avoid derailing the thread I’ll refrain. Perhaps I’ll try one by this dude some day, assuming there’s one or more in English that is.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

oh, and Manilla- who is this emo kid screaming in your new avatar pic? :P[/quote:34c4hue0]

It’s the lead singer from Refused, but I don’t know his name. He does look like a kid doesn’t he. I’m gonna change it soon, I don’t like how it came out.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

… but to avoid derailing the thread I’ll refrain.[/quote:2lnmy600]
Nevermind, it turned out to be the most weird derailed-wise thread so far on SPfreaks.com anyway. It goes from eagles, rooms, hawks, World War II, the space race against the Russians, raptors, comics, books, milk boxes, screaming emo kids and busy bee Belgium writers to avatars that didn’t came out too well. And you try to avoid derailing? Too late Thom. :lol:

On blueczarina wrote:
… but to avoid derailing the thread I’ll refrain.[/quote:1zizmit4]
Nevermind, it turned out to be the most weird derailed-wise thread so far on SPfreaks.com anyway. It goes from eagles, rooms, hawks, World War II, the space race against the Russians, raptors, comics, books, milk boxes, screaming emo kids and busy bee Belgium writers to avatars that didn’t came out too well. And you try to avoid derailing? Too late Thom. :lol:[/quote:1zizmit4]

we like to thread derail here

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:
… but to avoid derailing the thread I’ll refrain.[/quote:5q8micaj]
Nevermind, it turned out to be the most weird derailed-wise thread so far on SPfreaks.com anyway. It goes from eagles, rooms, hawks, World War II, the space race against the Russians, raptors, comics, books, milk boxes, screaming emo kids and busy bee Belgium writers to avatars that didn’t came out too well. And you try to avoid derailing? Too late Thom. :lol:[/quote:5q8micaj]

New signature for me? Hmmmm :?:

That made me lol for awhile Arthur, thanks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

in my time of dying
Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

so back on the subject..
It’s their secret code..
but what is the secret eagle landed code all about? SP related?
or is the fact of you both need to get a secret room for your secret eagle landing :lol:

On blueczarina wrote:

yeah, they kind of need a nest or something :lol:

Profile photo of anonymous
On Anonymous wrote:

oh and lookie and Arthur is waiting for Manilla

On blueczarina wrote:

:lol:

Perhaps I’ll try one by this dude some day, assuming there’s one or more in English that is.[/quote:3vwp3oit]
I don’t think so, unfortunately.

Profile photo of Thom
On Thom wrote:

:(

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

Yours goes out on Wednesday this week.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Yours goes out on Wednesday this week.[/quote:3uy4ctf7]
Roger that. The white tree is still waiting in his green box, but December is gonna be THE eagle month. Thank you, Derek. 8)

Oh, by the way, please make sure the Tax Authorities will keep their mouth shut.

Krrrrk… Topic switched to derail-mode.

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

Nice. :P

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

very

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

what in the hell is hanging off my ear there?

in my time of dying
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

this is more my speed…

in my time of dying
On blueczarina wrote:

you look like someone shrunk your head

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

you look like someone shrunk your head[/quote:1nsjvz3x]
I’m sure it’s hard to please 3 ladies… :wink:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In