SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Collecting Items

Topic: MCIS re-issies (the book)

This topic contains 77 replies, has 5,263 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of marigold marigold 3 years, 9 months ago.

On marigold wrote:

anyone else have the book for the 4LP in the CD deluxe set and the other way around?
this happened to the sets I bought here in The Netherlands…

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

haven’t received mine yet, but that is hilarious. !!!!

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

hope this is not true for the whole of the print run, because that would be a major error…

i first opened the CD deluxe and looked at the books and all, found it quite strange and told my fiancee so that the credits were wrong as I knew there were some James compositions and Isolation included…

so then I opend the 4LP and found the book with the credits to the bonus content there…

go figure? :)

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

there are two different books bearing the original cover artwork frontispice:
1. foreword/liner notes/interview, track by track by BC for the album, credits for the album tracks plus artwork sketches et al (the credits for the album in the guise of an erratum sticker applied to the credit page); this is the one included in the post of the cd version posted yesterday this is the one that came with my CD deluxe too.
2. foreword/liner notes/interview, track by track by BC for the album, track/recording info for the bonus cd’s (Morning Tea, High Tea, Special Tea), credits for the album tracks, for the dvd and for the bonus content (the credits for the album in the guise of an erratum sticker applied to the credit page). this is the one that came with my 4LP.

Book 1. > should be with the 4LP but is with the CD deluxe.
Book 2. > should be with the CD deluxe but is with the 4LP.

Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

I guess it’s not a good idea to pre-order, as the Gish and SD reissues had delays, but then people got that flexi-disc…
What if you’ve only preordered one of them?

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

What if you’ve only preordered one of them?[/quote:nwnek1y6]
Then you get the other deluxe release for free to be able to have the right book with your deluxe release. Easy fix, everybody happy! :D

And I think it has nothing to do with preordering, it looks like a generic mistake at the factory.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

Then you get the other deluxe release for free to be able to have the right book with your deluxe release. Easy fix, everybody happy! :D

[/quote:2u80wjyz]

sounds like a good deal!

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

that’s a horrible mistake.

sven, a couple of questions:
– these copies of the cd set and the vinyl set you picked up in the netherlands, were they made in the EU, or are they a US release (cds possibly pressed in mexico)?
– what is the tracklist of the vinyl? does it include tonite reprise and infinite sadness? is it in the same order as the cd release?

also, sven, where did you find these, and how much did you pay for each?

the tracklist of the vinyl reissue is the same as on the cd.
interesting. looks all right.
(this is the back insert of the US vinyl set, by the way.)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Where did \"Tonite Reprise\" and \"Infinite Sadness\" go?

And I too wonder about the book issue. If this is a worldwide thingy, we might expect some uproar.

I will meet Sven tomorrow, I will ask him the questions above when he has not answered them here by then.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

printed in the EU is says on the sheets.
copyrights to Virgin USA.
no FBI – logo on these copies.

slightly let down because of the vinyl tracklist (have to hear it though).
there is no Tonite Reprise or Infinite Sadness there, nor is the tracklist like the original vinyl.
it’s \"just\" the cd order on 4 LPs.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Sven, where did you get/buy this? And how much did you pay for it? Or did you get some promotional ‘review’ copies again?

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

These are now out via Plato/Concerto and were extremely costly. The cd one I managed to get a review copy of. The LP one I paid, but got some deal on that; still it was way too expensive in a way, but I just had to bring it home already as I didn’t want to wait any longer. The LP one was 169,00 euro standard pricing.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Ouch! Amazon.com has it for $73.99, which is less than 60 Euro.

The LP one was 169,00 euro standard pricing.[/quote:1wulz7e6]
that’s insane.
how can they justify a price like this?

arthur, don’t forget that you’ll most likely end up paying import taxes when you buy this on amazon.com. (ok, it’ll still end up being cheaper than 169 euro. but keep it in mind.)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Not if they ship it from an European country I guess. We buy stuffs on Amazon quite regularly (for our baby, and kitchen tools sometimes, and the Gish and Siamese Dream deluxe boxes) and so far we never paid (extra) tax. But it got shipped from European countries, or the UK, I noticed.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:
The LP one was 169,00 euro standard pricing.[/quote:4t3mf64r]
that’s insane.
how can they justify a price like this?

arthur, don’t forget that you’ll most likely end up paying import taxes when you buy this on amazon.com. (ok, it’ll still end up being cheaper than 169 euro. but keep it in mind.)[/quote:4t3mf64r]

yep, I had that numereous times with for example the MACHINA release on cd that came with the SBA promo. I ordered several in one order and ended up paying a lot in import taxes.

yeah, if you had only ordered one, it would have been cheap enough to avoid import taxes.
i believe the limit in belgium is 20 euro.
next to the taxes, you also have to pay some administration fee of 10 euro, so for something of say, 25 euro, the whole import thing makes it a lot more expensive.

Profile photo of Sven
Participant
On Sven wrote:

correct, but then again, we thought to be clever in ordering several for some fellow fans, went above and beyond the limit(s) and there you have it; extra costs…

at least you saved on shipping costs.
can’t have it all…

Profile photo of jawn till dusk
Participant
On jawn till dusk wrote:

My Canadian deluxe and standard versions arrived today and all seems fine with the deluxe book.

Still waiting for my vinyl,though.

Shame the standard version didn’t have different artwork though.Not to worry. :)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Are you sure? Does the book have the credits and info for the bonus songs and the dvd?

Profile photo of jawn till dusk
Participant
On jawn till dusk wrote:

Definately,yeah. :lol:

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Definately,yeah. :lol:[/quote:llgnicb8]
My copy of the deluxe cd box arrived today, ordered on Amazon Canada, and I can also confirm the book is correct.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In