SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: More bad cat news…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 662 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of amnesia amnesia 7 years, 7 months ago.

On amnesia wrote:

I have two cats. Both of which were recently infested with fleas. One is really old and one is like a teenager. Well, the really old one I am convinced knows how to clean herself better and kept cleaning and cleaning. The younger one came inside my house about a week ago, and just layed on the floor. Very odd for him. I put Frontline on him at this time, hoping to kill some of the fleas. Well I read up on lethargy in cats and sometimes it’s caused by anemia, due to fleas sucking so much blood from their bodies. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen him since. I fear the worst. He was acting SO strange that day. I really miss him because he was just coming around to being an inside-outside cat and would lay with me and sleep. He wouldn’t even look at anyone else. :(

So Ayoe, I know how you felt now. It sucks. I wish I could find him, but I fear he just went away to die by himself. The good news…my older cat…still fucking ticking man. And I think flea-free too.

RIP Ralphie. I miss ya buddy.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of some pumpkins
Participant
On some pumpkins wrote:

sorry dude. thats why we never had a cat. that inside/outside stuff always worried my mom. she was always afraid they wouldnt make it home one day.

what's wrong with you is good for what's wrong with me
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

This is so sad, many hugs from here :cry:

You said he was acting up strange, how strange? Did he lose weight? what about his fur, how was it? Maybe you can remember.

My old kitty was an indoor cat, same with my new baby, i would never let him out, would scare the crap out of me if something should happiend to him.

I do hope Ralphie will be back from whatever he is doin, one of my freinds cat was gone for a month once, she thought it was dead, but the kitty showed up again.

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

yeah, my parents raised all the cats i had when i was young as outside only. so i can’t imagine taking that away from a cat. sure, it’s just a tad more dangerous for them, BUT, i think as living a life, it’s way more natural and fulfilling. the world is their oyster.

he would just come inside and lay on the floor. just staring into space. he was eating though, i remember that. his hair looked fine. he just looked WAY off normal.

you’re right ayoe, i’ve had one cat go missing for 3 mos. and then show up. the older one i was speaking of went away for 3 weeks as well.

cats are so strange. but that’s the main reason i love them so much.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of blueczarina
On blueczarina wrote:

sorry to hear about all of this. i do hope he comes back or that you find him. :(

Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

yeah, my parents raised all the cats i had when i was young as outside only. so i can’t imagine taking that away from a cat. sure, it’s just a tad more dangerous for them, BUT, i think as living a life, it’s way more natural and fulfilling. the world is their oyster.

he would just come inside and lay on the floor. just staring into space. he was eating though, i remember that. his hair looked fine. he just looked WAY off normal.

you’re right ayoe, i’ve had one cat go missing for 3 mos. and then show up. the older one i was speaking of went away for 3 weeks as well.

cats are so strange. but that’s the main reason i love them so much.[/quote:3daplsoa]

Of course cats enjoy the life outside the big walls.They can go hunting and hangout with other cats, but its a dangerous world for them.They dont know when to stop for a car, so many cats gets hit by a car, makes me so sad when i see a dead kitty on the street.Also there are always evil idiotic selfish ppl out there, who shoots cats, all those things makes me dont want to let my kitty out, if i lived in the country side, no worries, but in the city, its just to dangerous, maybe im just paranoid.

Sounds to me Ralphie was fine, i mean, he was eating, and his fur looked ok.Sick cats dont really eat anything, hopefully he will be back soon, i think he will Derek.As you you wrote above, cats are strange, they are indeed, also why i love them so much, ill always have cats, rest of my life.

In loving memory of Bimbolin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In