SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: My Pearl Jam story

This topic contains 8 replies, has 891 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Danni Danni 8 years, 7 months ago.

On Honeymade Opiate wrote:

Do you know that feeling, that a part of the puzzle that is your life, is coming together? That things you cherished for years, get even deeper meanings? I have that today. You might remember I just won a Pearl Jam 1991 Tour CD on eBay, and today I received it. When I checked the CD, I was astonished. Let me quickly guide you through my story of Pearl Jam, hope you like it too!

In 1992 I bought the \"special\" EU edition of Ten. An awesome album, I guess most of you will agree. But the artwork is so so, let’s be honest. The extra songs makes this version very worthwhile to have though, of course. Oh, by the way, this was a few years before I became a huge fan of Smashing Pumpkins, but I was already into grunge big times. Anyway, here is that Ten CD.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of amnesia
On amnesia wrote:

I like Pearl Jam.
Personally i think Ten / Yield and Riot Act are the best cds they done, those are fucking awesome. 8)
The lastest they done blows i think. :?
Anyway great pictures Arthur and thanks for the info, it was a great read!

In loving memory of Bimbolin.
Profile photo of bullettwoutbutterflywings
On bullettwoutbutterflywings wrote:

even flow is a great song, i love it.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"--jayne cobb-the hero of canton
Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

That’s pretty cool. I loved PJ since the age of 13. I think Vitalogy, Yield, VS, and the Avocado/self titled 2006 album beats anything. Not many artist have have knocked the shit out of their earlier albums but man, Pear Jam did it in 2006!

Fantastic album. The best.

Also as an anecdot, last year I bought the No Code vinyl with all the 9 inserts in excellent condition for appr. $16 US from a vintage record store here in our town. The seller didn’t know what he was dealing with apparently as I’ve usually seen them go for around $100 US on eBay. That made my day.

Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Cool Arthur! The story you wrote about Eddie preparing for a gig would be cool to read. :wink:

Profile photo of mr.benway
Participant
On mr.benway wrote:

Nice Story, Arthur :D

Nowadays Pearl Jam is a phantastic Live Band.
I like the recordings from the ‘Official Bootlegs’. Lots of good and great live performances. (glad that i’m not a Pearl Jam Collector). From the studio albums i like ‘Ten’ and ‘Binaural’ the most.

np: State Of Love And Trust

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

i bought all their albums a couple of months ago, but i still haven’t listened to all of them.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Cool Arthur! The story you wrote about Eddie preparing for a gig would be cool to read. :wink:[/quote:2353hbpb]
Obviously we all have our Pearl Jam stories, so cool! :lol:

Well, I didn’t keep the original story, but I remember I wrote something about Eddie waking up in a hotel, and then preparing a special drink for himself. It consisted of broken glass, pieces of metal, acids and stuffs like that. Then also some instruments treatment in the same style to get that grunge sound, and only then he would go on stage. Rather silly altogether, but it was enough to be the winner of the contest. I believe that contest was done by some radio dj of a Dutch program of the VPRO Radio, a wellknown station for several recordings and broadcasts of Smashing Pumpkins too. I have always been very proud of that Ten promo… 8)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Danni
Participant
On Danni wrote:

Just bought this month’s issue of Mojo Music Magazine (one of the few readable music magazines in 2009) and it features a great big Pearl Jam special. Also John Lennon and so on. Great interview.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In