SPfreaks Forum

forum

SPfreaks Forums

Welcome to a place to share thoughts and questions with other SPfreaks. Browse a forum below or start a new thread in a forum

Forum: Miscellaneous Forum

Topic: MyBand looking for bands

This topic contains 14 replies, has 699 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of marigold marigold 3 years, 9 months ago.

On marigold wrote:

I’m proud to announce a new business that I started for (semi) professional bands. Not only for bands, also for solo artists and orchestras that are touring and releasing music. We are looking for a limited number of customers that are willing to participate in a pilot programme that will start in October.

During the programme you will test our first product: an online template that will create a professional website for you within minutes. On this website you can blog your news and press releases, set up your band and bandmembers bios, present your releases and concerts and plug to the places where they are for sale, link to your merch shop that you might have, and more.

There are no costs involved, and you will end up with a pro website, tailored to your needs. We expect some feedback of course, and cooperation with material for whitepapers and instruction handouts.

Interested? Please drop me a line at spfreaks@gmail.com with band name and country, and you’ll get more information. Talk soon! :)

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of marigold
Participant
On marigold wrote:

what about site hosting and domain name costs?

Profile photo of manillascissor
Keymaster
On manillascissor wrote:

sounds cool arthur. i don’t currently have a band, but i do know a few that i could send your way. i’ll be in touch.

in my time of dying
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

what about site hosting and domain name costs?[/quote:2oll2ioo]
Hosting and (temp) domain name is on us, now and in future. If the band owns a domain name already, a transfer is easily arranged during or after the pilot programme, at actual costs.

Billy Corgan, December 2, 2008 : "Not everyone understands our death trip. But you do. And that's what matters."
Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

sounds cool arthur. i don’t currently have a band, but i do know a few that i could send your way. i’ll be in touch.[/quote:3s3id03y]
Awesome! There is interest shown from Bonaire, Wales, The Netherlands and Malaysia, but still a few spots to give away (around five). Let me know. :)

Participant
On marigold wrote:

I’ve sent at least one – look forward to seeing these websites! 8)

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I’ve sent at least one – look forward to seeing these websites! 8)[/quote:2f2up4n4]
Bands from New Zealand? That would be pretty awesome. :)

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:

is this it? http://myband.is/

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

No, they are from Columbia. Funny I never noticed them, it’s (almost) the same concept under (almost) the same name. I have to check that out a little more for copyright issues, thanks for pointing this out Bram! :roll:

Participant
On marigold wrote:

that sucks ^^ – collective consciousness? :?

I’ve sent at least one – look forward to seeing these websites! 8)[/quote:1zkatcvu]
Bands from New Zealand? That would be pretty awesome. :)[/quote:1zkatcvu]

They’re from the US, and quite new. Would be cool if they had a website set up to promote themselves more.

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

Would that be Zac from My Fair Fiend? That’s so far the first (and only) US band that contacted me.

Participant
On marigold wrote:

Yes! I asked someone else but don’t know if their band will get around to it…

Profile photo of Arthur
On Arthur wrote:

I have to check that out a little more for copyright issues[/quote:2ubgoegs]
No issues here. MyBand Solutions is the name of the business I started, but the concept has a different name. And in many important details it’s very different from what they are doing. However, hats off to them!

And we just had a band from Malaysia* joining the programme, how cool is that? 8)

*No, my wife, who is from Malaysia, had absolutely nothing to do with it lol!

Profile photo of Cool As Ice Cream
On Cool As Ice Cream wrote:
I have to check that out a little more for copyright issues[/quote:3rzihksd]
No issues here. MyBand Solutions is the name of the business I started, but the concept has a different name. And in many important details it’s very different from what they are doing.[/quote:3rzihksd]
phew!

Participant
On marigold wrote:

yay! :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Strength indicator
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Already a member? Sign In